Depression

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by burningthc, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Well I didn't suggest him to "bee itself just so it brah". Since when is joining groups on campus and online, "jus do it bruh"?! And since when does that type of attitude have an age limit. Pretty sure there are adults that act like that. Don't know if you replied to the wrong person but I didn't suggest anything like that...so are you trying to say a 36 year old shouldn't be in school? And why did you read through the whole topic and offer indirect advice on my post instead of helping the OP?

2. You seem fixated on the idea of schooling here, why is that?
    Do you think the 12 years of structure and forced socialization he went through originally weren't enough?

3. What are you on about? You're not here to help OP. Just look at your first post. Then you replied to me with non-sense. So you're not going to explain how my post had nothing to do with what you suggested? Yes OPs in school, a good idea to join groups in campus. I don't know what your problem is, but you seem a tad confused here.

4. I have seen it listed as a help for depression on the California medical marijuana list of ailments.

• Like Like x 2
  5. My point is that since he is 36, he is past the stereotypical teenage angst stage. This is something more serious. Its not just a matter of going out joining clubs, and meeting people. Being 36 puts you in a place where this becomes difficult due to work and life reasons. Also, the depression makes these very things often counterproductive. For example, getting a gf when youre depressed may very well make things ten times worse. If you cant take care of yourself, how are you going to be in a healthy relationship with someone? If you cant keep a relationship, and continually fail, dont you think that would make the depression worse?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Teenage angst? Not sure where you get that from? How do you know what would be best for him?

Which is why I offered some suggestions that may help get him out of that depression, including continuing to see his doctor. Your whole spiel about being 36 is nice and all except you forget the fact that comes with being well a human, adult?

Like people only have work and life issues at the age of 36... And don't you think suggesting someone to stop taking their meds is possibly the worst advice ever? Isn't that exactly what the psychiatrist tells you not to do? ;)

7. A lot of people aren't for the meds but they've really worked for me. I got put in Zoloft like 2 years ago. The first month or so was pretty horrible. Had the shakes, tired, nauseous, extra anxiety, etc. but after I got through that I felt so much better. If meds are what you wanna do, I say go for it. Some people have to try different kinds until they find what works for them. Just take care of yourself and I believe that everything works out, just may take some time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. what do you like to do for fun?

9. I think depression is more of an unwarranted reason to feel bad about yourself and not to be rude, but by the looks of your post, you have every reason to be depressed and anybody in that situation would probably feel a similar way. I think before you begin beating yourself up even more, you should just.. Take some steps into improving your quality of life and if your gonna tell me you can't do that, then I guess your fucked.

Your not really fucked, but if that's the choice your gonna make, then you might as well be.

But what the fuck do I know.

10. Have you been depressed?

11. Where is your depression coming from? This doesn't sound like bipolarity. I was bipolar when young and I used to cycle between suicidal and manic every four weeks. It only stopped when a friend gave me some acid. If you are depressed all the time, sounds as if your brain chemistry is out of balance. Exercise - lots of it - can help.

12. #32 csaroboll, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    Depression is a harmful emotion and state of being because it turns on the worst moments in your life or one in particular. People suffering from this should learn how to love themselves, focus on their life's joyous moments, and work hard on their dreams. They should not let their hands down. If you suffer a terrible loss, you should work with a therapist that will make you focus on the best. I know that counsellinginmelbourne.com.au deals with this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Depression sucks.
    Microdosing cubensis has helped me with my depression I've suffered most my life.
    Cannabis has more helped me with physical pain, both are wonderful medicines when used correctly IMO.
    There is also a lot of other things I'd recommend, like picking up some positive habits and really trying to stick to a routine of exercise and healthy diet. I personally found raw ginger and turmeric root daily helped my circulation which also has aided in numerous ailments I have had. However have also overloaded off and on with vitamin C and niacin. Both of which are really great things!
    Either way best of wishes to everyone suffering from depression- there is better ways to live and even plenty of wonderful stuff to live for.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was generally depressed for years up until maybe a few months ago. I'd define depression as suffering without mercy or meaning. The solution imo is more suffering, but correctly and with meaning. Doing things you don't want to do that better you. Again and again, and again consistently and never quitting. This is just my honest opinion on an issue that is incredibly varied and limited in understanding by even the most qualified.

"You will not find toughness in a comfortable environment" - David Goggins

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. i think my depression went away when i stop caring what other people thought and lived my own life.

16. I don't think depression and brain go together but that's just me

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hey, here are a few tips to help.
    Internment fasting
    Sunlight
    Diet on protein (eggs grass fed meat and its likes)
    Eradicate sugar in all forms.
    Stop Junk meals.
    Practice OMAD/TMAD(one meal a day/two meals a day)
    I hope you feel better

• Like Like x 1
  18. After visiting a reliable medical cannabis physician, they will conduct a comprehensive medical history and assess your depression symptoms. If the doctor determines that using medical cannabis will positively impact your depression, they'll provide you with a medical marijuana certificate.

19. Dude I understand how you feel, I'm in the same place mentally, no friends, no family ( basically because as much as I've been fucked around I look at the human race as a whole as a bunch of fucking Cunts that don't deserve to breath air..
    If I don't move away from where I'm at I'm gonna go fucking insane..wake up every day hoping all my neighbors have disappeared never to be seen again ..because as I have said so eloquently before, the Majority of people are goddamn No good air wasting Twats who in my opinion ain't worth spitting on ...ok I've had my rant...
    I feel better, but I absolutely stand by what I have said here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Baby dosing weed helped me too. It took me a while to be able to get to that point but it works for me. Not all depression is situational so it's not always just finding friends or hobbies or new job that will put it to ease. Mine has never gone away fully. I have a very happy life. That depression will just start rolling in without anything to point to why. Some just get it man. First step is finding what works for you getting out of it. If your going clinical route, don't hesitate to see that doc as much as you need. You are the only one in charge of your own well being and what works for me or the other people that post may not work for you. Keep being active with trying to find what helps, as hard as it is to say, you gotta boot strap that shit and make it through the day, just today. Don't worry about tomorrow or next week. You got this man, if I can crawl out of that hole, you can too. Sorry your going through it and I hope you get relief soon.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app