Depressing Thought

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by oortcloud, Jul 18, 2014.

1. #1 oortcloud, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    A gamma ray burst from a relatively nearby star could strike Earth at any minute and would basically be unpredictable. Our atmosphere would be destroyed immediately and life would be completely extinct in minutes.

It's amazing that life on Earth has lasted as long as it has and were once hit by a gamma ray burst 450 million years ago.

2. Queue the religious fanatic saying dinosaur bones were put here by god to test man's faith.

No but really, I'd have to agree. Really puts a scope around the "sanctity of life" b.s. All of our lives could end in an instant, whether it be from sudden nuclear war, solar flares, meteor impacts, or whatever. We are naught but ants in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. where did you hear about this?

4. Probably one of the least depressing ways to die. Nobody will be left to hurt/mourn over what's lost

5. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, no need to worry about it, cause if it does, what the fuck are you going to do about it?

No worries, let go

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's just a theory no way to prove it. Just speculation

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It could happen.  Lots of shit could happen.

8. I wouldn't call it a depressing thought. Figured somebody with a cool name like OortCloud would rather enjoy the idea. I know its not depressing to me. It's science.

9. Won't happen...

10. Is that # 1000 on "a 1000 ways to die"?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app