Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Density

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by vampthetoker, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Does the density of the bud say anything about the quality? What causes the different densities?

2. Usually, the denser the bud, the better (not including bricked weed).

3. cannabis sativa is usually a less dense for of marijuana and the high is more of an energetic experience.
    cannabis indica is a denser form of marijuana and is almost sleep inducing and it is good for pain relief.
    these are just slightly different plants and are both considered dank or headies, its just a different high. you can google cannabis sativa and indica strains and you will find out more about this but it is mainly the way these plants grow that causes them to be denser or fluffier you could say.

4. Density of buds is a phenotype meaning it changes from seed to seed.

5. not true, its all about the way the plant is grown and whether it is sativa or indica. it doesnt mean the thc content is greater or lesser

6. I am sure the density is mainly how the grower packs and ships goods. My experience around my area is the denser and dryer the bud the better it is.

7. I know that indoor bud with lots and lots and lots of light will be denser than bud with a minimum or "average" amount of light. So it could indicate growing conditions, which is a fair barometer of quality. Usually someone with a 2000w setup won't be a novice grower. That said, the more stuck together whole buds are, just means it was packed down tightly, either to hide it, or ship it better, or to make "denser" buds.

8. a lot of it is genetics although the processing (drying and whatnot) can affect it too.

9. This is correct.

10. #10 High as Space, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
    method of drying/curing can have a small effect on density.

but really it comes down to genetics, and growing conditions.

this doesnt apply to mids as they are all shit.

11. Typically indica buds are denser and sativa buds are fluffier. This does not take account packaging and what not however. :cool: