Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dense vs. Fluffy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by devilzlettuce, Oct 7, 2010.

1. I've only been smoking for couple months and the other day I went to the dispensary and was trying to pick out what I wanted and the bud tender asked me if I like dense or fluffy buds. what is the difference?

2. Literally what it sounds like. It's that simple. Some nugs are just grown denser than others.

Although, sativa's are usually grown fluffier than indica strains, so that might be something to think about when buying in a dispensary.

It really depends on how you want your bud to look in this case. Fluffy weed tends to look like more when you buy it so you get the feeling of well spent money, but it's all the same when it comes to a scale.

3. yea, adam bomb pretty much hit in on the head with a hammer right there.... However... if your dispensary sells their weed still on the sticky side, and you like it, dry, keep in mind, fluffy weed, will dry out, considerably faster than dense.... but.... it doesnt really matter

4. Big, fat, fluffy nuggets all the way! :bongin:

5. the chemdog i have right now appears fluffy, but is so dense lol, very nice illusion

6. Man, I know what you're talkin about. I've definitely had nugs like that before. The Chemdog I had before was pretty dense. Killer strain!:smoke:

7. i love feeling like i just got my nugs outta the sky. fluffy like the clouds till the day i die.

8. Now that's what I'm talking about!

9. I'm all about the fluffy buds/sativa highs.

10. is there any difference in the high?

11. Unless the reason it fluffy or dense is because its a sativa/indica, the high wont be effected by the form its in, there are actually grow techniques you can use to change a lot of the characteristics of your plant. So in short....not most of the time, but sometimes

12. Totally.

Sativa is a more energetic "high" it tends to cheer me up and make me very excited.

Indica gets me "stoned", more of a relaxed body high rather than going up to my head.
    It tends to make me pretty sleepy though haha.

13. #13 Deleted member 180229, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Mmm dense and fluffy:smoke:

[​IMG]
    I love the depth in this shot :D
    [​IMG]

14. Now that looks delicious :yummy: :smoke:

15. lol am i the first DENSE bud lover in this thread?

wo i feel like a dirty minority.

sorry but i always liked indica >>>

sativa just doesnt do it for me as much.

alot of people i know here also prefer indica.

my boy likes to say 'only jamaicans smoke sativa' lol...

16. [​IMG]
    And right in between hehehe here is the chemdog

17. #17 morange, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    It's really just preference, I prefer fluffier buds just because it is easier to prepare for use and I get more kief from them. Also I like my buds to be crisp, fluffy buds dry faster (Not completely dried out to the point of harsh smoke though). Usually sativa buds are fluffier and indica buds are denser but it's not always the case.

EDIT: This is my ideal bud structure pretty much (strain is og kush), still has some weight packed on but nice outward calyxes:
    [​IMG]

18. Sativa is for work, Indica is for play (Playing video games at most) :smoke:

19. Nice buds! Here's some chemdog being enjoyed on the east coast:smoke:

[​IMG]

20. Damnnn, that chemdog looks super dank man! Look at all the pretty crystals:D