Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dense buds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fluency, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I bought a half of Master Kush last night (feel free to post opinons/experiences with this strain). And it all fit in my jar, which is not very large, which my buddy commented on saying the buds of this strain are just dense and therefore do not take up as much space. How true is this? Did I get ripped off? Also, if they are just really dense, should I grind up less than usual?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

2. No experience with the strain but yesterday I had some really dense cheese and decided to grind up 2 buds and I was so shocked at the amount of bud I got out of it, grind up a small one and see how much you have and then grind until you have what you want :)

3. Nah dude, you're good. Being dense is just a phenotype. Grind up the same, did not get ripped, and something being dense takes up more space in a lower volume

4. Eh, I'm gonna have to say that if you are buying from a dealer and they say that its dense it just seems fishy. Also I don't like names because it probably isn't what they say it is.
    But thats just me.

5. #5 OVRCninja, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    well if its really master kush thats indica dominant, aka body high

and yeah dude bud grows in varying densities , for reasons ranging from amount of light the bud sites received, to the nutes the grow medium the genetics and everything in between

as for how much to use.. really a matter of eyeballing it.. but in theory an equally sized (but not equally weighted) larfy nug will yield less bowls then a dense one...

one side note though, make sure you know the difference between a naturally dense nug, and one thats been vacume sealed

6. Alright guys, thanks for the input. I'll just have to stop being paranoid and go smoke a nice bowl of it : )

7. You tell us if they are dense or not. Do they feel harder or pillowier?

8. smoke it, man!

9. #9 glazedKnuckles, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How can it be fishy? You can't lie about density and be tricked the whole time. If it FEELS DENSE, then its dense

10. I dont think its so much a phenotype characteristic as it is proper growing and curing.