Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Denied Insurance

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tuesday, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Well, I was trying to pay for some insurance from Humana. After an hour long interview on the phone, I get a letter in the mail a few days later. They won't let me buy insurance from them because I said I use marijuana.

Now, I told them I don't drink, smoke tobacco, or use any other drugs. I'm a young 21 year old buck in great shape. Never been in trouble with the law, never suffered from any illnesses, never had any accidents, never broke a bone, nothing. I eat healthier than anyone I know. I stay active. I look both ways when crossing the street.

Well, I was denied. Oh well, lol... Cannabis helps me more than insurance ever could... besides, I have the money to take care of myself. F them. I only applied because my mummy has a fucking panic attack when thinking about my safety. :smoking:

2. that's descrimination!
    that's pretty dumb

lame

3. Oh, you from Canada, huh... Yeah, ,t his is how it is in USA.

You can't even fucking BUY insurance here, lol...

4. Why didn't you just tell them what they wanted to hear?

5. hahaha thats a good question

anyways I'm officially a victim of the war on cannabis now.

6. how did they find out?

7. yea I am a healthy young adult and never thought about my insurance, untill I got transverse myelitis and my insurance covered the $500,000 in medical bills. Everyone needs health insurance

8. Yeah man that wasnt a good call on admitting u smoke weed, any legitamate business would turn any client down who used marijuana, its too much of a rick for the actual company, now i dont agree with why they did but u need to understand why they had to deny you, legally speaking they couldent have accepted you

9. sucks yes, but you shoulda just lied like everyone else, passes the piss test and then been done with it...

and u never know what can happen and believe me it canget extremeley expensive for stuff if u get hospitalized..u pretty much need insurance its kinda stupid to think that u dont really

10. Heyy whats state are you in??

Better move to Cali, Vermont or Massachusetts if ya want free health care lol

11. Fuck that insurance company. :mad: You should have just told them that you love to drink alcohol and drive.

12. It's illegal. They don't wanna sign some guy that breaks the law every day. It sucks but it makes sense from a legal standpoint. Next time, just lie. Unfortunately that's the only way around it.

13. why would you say you smoke weed........

14. im so figgin sck of bein persecuted because of what plant i choose to burn and inhale. how dumb is it really when you thin about the action. putting fire to a plant and then breathing. illegal? give it up for the land of the not so free:hello:

15. Don't like it? Do something about it. Most of us are too busy geting high to do anything.