Democrats: Who can unseat Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jul 5, 2018.

1. I was mostly kidding about the JP thing. I mean he would be good, but yeah, probably not a good idea.

As for the rest of the Trump stuff....ehh. I mean maybe, but that's just not convincing to me. The deep state stuff seems like bogeyman nonsense to me. From what I can see, he opposes globalism because it opposes Trumpism, not because it opposes American exceptionalism. I don't think has the strength of character and moral backbone required to care about anyone other than himself, much less an entire country of people who aren't him. Even if it were true, I don't find it to be an admirable or rationally sound position. We have had to, and will continue to have to, have a partially globalist mindset if we're to continue to compete in global marketplaces going forward. We won't survive if we adopt either of those platforms to their extremes, be they globalist or isolationist.

As a person who may or may not work for the company in the picture. They do a lot of amazing shit, that is definitely true. I can also tell you CEO's say a lot of shit, and a lot of that shit is of the bovine variety. I don't think Trump knows anything because while I know now that he's not the blathering, blundering idiot that I once thought he was, he's certainly too much of a braggart to not at least mention it or somehow use it to his advantage. Forgive my frankness but, yes, to me you do sound crazy. I don't think there's any strong evidence to support the claims you seem to be making.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well you are coming along from where you have been and I respect you for that, shows openmindedness and honesty and other aspects of character.

I am already aware of your employer from previous discussions, hell I recall the department it pays to be a sponge.

The deep state stuff is not boogeyman shit, I will gladly point you toward sources for all angles of this since you appear to be worth the effort. There isn't strong evidence for what claims?

As far as Trump, I don't know, I think he does have a sense of nationalistic pride and he is an egomaniac who wants to be remembered in a positive light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Back then i wasn't paying much attention to politics believe it or not... the 2016 election sparked my interests....
    i don't recall BO or HRC having hissy fits and ranting on Twitter or anywhere else if they received criticism... They appeared at least to be composed and not reactionary to externals...
    i've worked for hotheaded egotistical unstable people as well as mature master of their emotions types and appreciate the latter... the general consensus from co-workers was they shared the same opinion...

i can't even imagine being a dog or cat in the WH right now, they would need to see an animal shrink.... This flip flopping back and forth, 180 degree swings appear akin to bi-polar and it has an unsettling toxic effect on the country and world imo... When someone is in the public eye they have a responsibility to the public... not everyone wants to watch all these meltdowns nor read the condescending statements from the orange toddler...

i don't recall what HRC said much in the debates but when she used "2 baskets" analogy with 1 being deplorable, the other being ordinary ppl i applauded.... i see DT as about as deplorable as a person can get so naturally he attracts others on that level...

Everyone has their story and historical baggage, not saying they were born deplorable or that they will remain so but what i observe when the tRumpConned are interviewed confirmed they are parroting what DT has been spouting, sadly lies and all...

4. Dont go on twitter and cut out the news, problem solved.

Until I hear that politicians are going to prison, then I will give a damn what they are doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I wish to second this and make it known, @Continuum , the attitude has won you back my respect and then some.

It's not a common trait in the modern Western left

Ignore him except when absolutely necessary is the first point in my how-to-defeat-Trump strategy. The endless and overblown attention he is given only gives him power - and the avaricious news companies revenue

• Like Like x 1