Democrats: Who can unseat Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Can you provide evidence for this claim? Because I have never seen anything like this from Bernie.

2. When Faux News gets people to support people who rob them blind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, his reactions to the obvious and blatant DNC rigging and corruption in Clinton's favor (against him), as well as telling incidents such as surrendering his podium microphone to BLM activists.

I'm sure we can get into a bickering war about whether or not these things were fair or moral or not, but the consequences are undeniable; Bernie's standing is reduced. I rarely see him referred to as a Presidential contender, and such a large contingent of the American population appear to be scornful of both him and his politics that I feel confident in dismissing him as viable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Most of that large contingent of the American population are the people who voted for Trump. There's no breaking that "wall."

5. So my point stands.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also, what were his reactions to to the DNC rigging? And what does surrendering his mic to a group that he supported do? The only thing I got out of your entire post was "He did shit that goes against what Trump would have done and my conservative values."

7. Your point is dumb. Nothing personal no forum rule violation intended.

8. I'm a Norwegian social democrat.

And you've lost my interest. Peace

• Like Like x 3
  9. #50 ReturnFire333, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Well I mean, what can you expect me to say when you say "Bernie lost to a group of manipulated fools who would never even consider thinking or going across their red line" and then thinking you're making a solid argument.

Did I misinterpret what you were trying to get across? I'm not calling you dumb.

The only other thing I could have said was "Your point is not structurally sound and doesn't hold water" which is literally calling it dumb, just... nicer? Is there a nicer way to call something dumb? Sorry if I offended you, I would have rather you asked how your point was "dumb" how I said though . Perhaps I should have just stated why in the original post.

10. I do believe this is the first coherent and intelligent thing I've ever seen you post and I applaud it.

Sent from my LGL57BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. perhaps because the thing was only 2 words it was the first of my posts you read in it's entirety. the wordy part above my reply was in quotation marks from Viking Toker...
    :yay:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SiicK for president 2020 I will legalize weed and not take your freedom.

13. Well, Who's it gonna be? This next election is going to be like a waste of money for the democrats in 2020.imo

The last time I checked it looked like the democratic party was broke. It could be hard for big donors to invest in a loser. And I am not sure if the Nazi and Klan thing is going to work after pissing off 60+ million americans. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I think the best chance at unseating Trump is if Rand Paul ran as a independent.... I'm x my fingers!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Rand Paul is a likable guy. It just wasn't his time to go up against the democratic machine.I believe he is learning a few things from our President Trump that could benefit many people like Rand in the future. IMO

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. @VikingToker
    Next candidate needs to be bold and not afraid of their own shadow like so many democrats these days. They need to be a true believer and authentic in their beliefs. They need to be less reliant on stupid platitudes and stupid personal stories that don’t work in politics anymore. They need to stick to a simple but bold policy agenda. They need to put economics before social issues. Some policies I think they should support
    1. Universal healthcare (whether through public option to buy into Medicare, Medicare for all, multiplayer system like Germany). The messaging needs to be well provide you with healthcare that won’t bankrupt you. It’s a really popular message in America where healthcare premiums are going through the roof across the country.
    2. Tuition free public college. We added 80 billion more to military funding last year alone. If we simply diverted that to public colleges we could provide tuition free public college for anyone who wanted to go to a state school. Student loan debt is a crippling issue for both millennialist and parents who feel the burden of tuition costs. This also would be appealing imo to middle class families who currently do not qualify for financial aid (which don’t be fooled was the biggest part of Trumps base, median income was 70,000 for trump voter iirc).
    3. Raise the minimum wage. We can debate about the number but Americans haven’t gotten a large pay raise in many years. Creating a wage floor is not ideal but it can actually lead to wage increases in non MW positions as a lot of research has shown In addition to raising wages for MW employees.
    4. A pathway to legal status (not citizenship) for illegal immigrants in exchange for border security. Not a stupid fence but drone surveillance and stuff that would be far more effective. This was democrats gang of 8 bill which GOP ultimately turned down during Obama years. Also codify DACA which is very popular.
    5. End the wars. We need to stop spending inane amounts of money to get involved in foreign civil wars where we only escalate the conflict and lose lives/money in the process.
    6. Get big money out of politics. Appoint SCOTUS justices who will not overturn campaign finance laws or push for constitutional amendments on campaign finance laws.
    7. Criminal justice reform. Reduce senetencing for non violent crimes and reduce mandatory minimums. Stop civil asset forfeiture. Encourage justice department reviews of crooked/broke police agencies. Legalize drugs or at the very least decriminalize them.

I’m sure there’s a lot I’m missing but to me those are what a democratic candidate should looks like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. nativetounges, any ideas who that might be? Hell im a conservative and will vote for Trump but if somebody ran on that It it would be an interesting election.

• Like Like x 1