Democrats and Republicans use cannabis differently!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Politics and pot: Democrats and Republicans consume cannabis differently, report shows
    Politics and pot: How do Democrats and Republicans use cannabis?

Jessica Bies, Delaware News Journal Published 10:03 a.m. ET Nov. 1, 2018 | Updated 10:42 a.m. ET Nov. 1, 2018

Well, a new study shows taking a monthlong break from pot can help clear away young people’s memory fog. Elizabeth Keatinge has more. Buzz60

When it comes to cannabis, liberals and conservatives have very different views.

But did you know the political divide extends to how marijuana is actually consumed?

New analysis from the Brightfield Group, which does market research on cannabis and CBD, a cannabis compound used in medical applications, shows that while Republicans primarily care about how cannabis tastes, Democrats are more interested in its price.

The company pulled from multiple sources to produce the data, including secondary research from regulators, menu audits from cannabis dispensaries, interviews with manufacturers/retailers and comparisons with similar markets (in terms of population, patient counts, political lean and historical usage rates).

It jibes with Pew Research studies showing about 6-in-10 Americans think marijuana should be legalized. Gallup polls also show conservatives are much less likely to have tried marijuana, explaining why they may be less inclined to legalize it and have tried fewer varieties.

While most Republicans were introduced to CBD by a doctor, Democrats learned of it through family and friends, according to the Brightfield Group.

And while Democrats are more likely to consume the flowers of a cannabis plant as well as a variety of other products, less than half of Republicans consumed the flowers and purchase less of a variety.

[​IMG]
    Pew Research studies show about six-in-ten Americans think marijuana should be legalized. (Photo: Getty Images )

Delaware has had a medical marijuana program since 2011 and the first dispensary opened in 2015. A third opened in Smryna in June.

A bill to legalize recreational marijuana failed to make it through the General Assembly this year. It would have created a commission to regulate, license and tax the state's marijuana business, which could have included as many as 40 retail stores, along with growing operations and testing facilities.

[​IMG]Buy Photo
    Leslie Baker, an ovarian cancer patient, shows marijuana purchased at the state's first medical marijuana dispensary in Wilmington. (Photo: JENNIFER CORBETT/THE NEWS JOURNAL)

The final vote was 21-15 with five lawmakers — all Democrats — opting not to vote at all. They were concerned about opposition from law enforcement groups, while several Republican lawmakers cited various statistics — ranging from increased drugged driving to spikes in infant exposure — from states where marijuana has been legalized.

(snipped, but go to the article- there's a nice chart that you may find interesting)
    Politics and pot: How do Democrats and Republicans use cannabis?

VOTE NOV. 6th! :thankyou:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hope that's changing fast.
    I'm a staunch Republican and I'd love for the Feds to just trash all of the antiquated pot laws and the insane scheduling of Cannabis as CL 1.
    I haven't heard much about any of it during this WV race.

3. The fact that Epidiolex has just been approved by the FDA as a legal, Schedule 5 medicine bodes well for re-scheduling of cannabis as a medicine!:yay: Cannabis now has "a foot in the door". :weed:

FDA-approved drug Epidiolex placed in schedule V of Controlled Substance Act
    FDA-approved drug Epidiolex placed in schedule V of Controlled Substance Act

It's still going to be a struggle, though. Our government will "lose face" when it admits that it has lied to us about cannabis for the last eight decades, so they are reluctant to do it, even though they KNOW they are pushing a lie on the American people. :coolalt:

Please remember to VOTE Nov. 6th! How you vote is up to you, but make sure you VOTE! :thankyou:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I feel like the current government admitting to lies and failed policy by lawmakers before them should instill trust that at least on some level the government cares whats best for the people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The only republicans I know that dislike marijuana are 80+ years old. Many republicans 60 and younger were once hippies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They were not "real" hippies because once a hippie, always a hippie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. They consume cannabis differently? The whole D vs R mentality seems ridiculous.

8. I thought it was Republicans that used it second hand inhalation and Democrats that took it as a psopository

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app