Degree for MMJ growing.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Weedpack, Aug 26, 2013.

1. I don't know if this is the best section for this, but here it goes anyway.  I'm headed to college in a week and need to pick my major. I want to grow mmj for patients, so I was thinking of a horticultural degree.
    Or is a degree unnecessary in this type of field? I know I have found my passion but I don't know how to achieve it now.

2. I'd suggest going into law. Understand and eventually take down the stupid laws, or at least know your rights and educate your patients you grow for. Growing can be mastered with Google and YouTube.

3. I would suggest choosing a major that is unrelated to growing. You may not be growing your whole life and when you aren't you will probably need a job. Also their are plenty of majors that are useful in everyday life that don't relate to a specific career. As for expanding your growing knowledge I would suggest you try to find an apprenticeship/internship working with an experienced growing.

4. Watch the movie How High and take after Method Man.  Your problem is solved!

This

6. Expect to pay at least $1500-$50,000 a semester for piece of paper saying you got a degree in "X" field. Take that into consideration. You can learn how to grow Cannabis as a hobby, but it's not a wise choice as a Major. 

7. Move to California, grow a shitload of weed and sell it to the dispensaries.

8. I have a feeling with how easy it is to grow bud that MANY people are trying to go this route. Another California Gold Rush.... 

9. trying? They are doing it!!!

10. Any degree that focuses on biology will help you understand growing better. Horticulture, agriculture, forestry, and many others will give you a good foundation for understanding plants. They can also be used for a variety of careers other than growing cannabis.

What we are seeing is the creation of an industry. Yes, people will flock to producing and selling cannabis. If you are determined dont let that stop you. After the initial rush many of these people will not make it in business. You'll have some that go to jail, some that give up, and some that just plain fail. You don't have to be the only grower in town, just as long as your one of the better ones and have what it takes to manage a business.

11. You're right, it isn't. Not when there are sections for question and answers and Vaporizers.