Deformed plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Psyents, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I have two seedlings growing. My bigger one is younger than my smaller one but it looks VERY deformed. one leaf is bigger than the others and bits of it are turning yellow. I have flushed it twice now and I'm hoping it gets better. any advice???:(
    There "purple kush" and they didn't come cheap so...I kinda need these not to die

2. Check your ph runoff and adjust....I don't recommend flushing seedlings where the roots are not established. If their small I would go for a transplant. The yellowing is more than likely caused from flushing nutes(N)from the soil.

Seedlings, sprouts if planted in a good soil should not need any nutes added for the first 3 weeks or, so, then at 1/4-1/2 strength.
    Tap water should sit for24 hours to evaporate chlorine before watering.
    Another reason for the deformity could be your water source. In such a case I would use distilled, RO or, filtered water.

In several cases I have had some deformity in seedlings which over time cured itself but, is normally a long process and sets the plant back in growth.

Post some pictures, type potting soil your using and your water?feeding schedule for a better diagnosis.....

3. #3 Psyents, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
    My setup.
    400 watt hps 28" from seedlings
    I water when needed (knuckle trick)
    semi industrial fan Lightly blowing air on my plants
    I let my water sit for about 36 hours just to be on the safe side.

I was told by another GS member to flush my plant when I asked about the yellowing. I did so in hopes of helping my plant.
    I'm guessing my soil isn't the best and I knew from the start it wasn't but I was restricted money wise (my light made moths in my wallet) so I just found semi old potting soil that was previously used (most likely miracle grow). I am planning on getting a new bag of MG today.Is this a good idea?
    Kinda off topic...but is a 5 gallon pot suitable for two plants or just one?

Attached Files:

4. #4 colafarmer, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
    I would say your soil is the problem or, a ph problem....Stay away from pot soil with time release ferts. MG uses time release fert and you will find that most growers stay away from MG potting soil. Not to say that it will not work for you but, as a precaution their are better potting soil..
    You might be able to find a source for Black gold in your area which is much better.

Yellowing is a sign of not enough (N) in the soil, wheras burned, brown and crispy tips are signs of to much(N) or, toxic soil which requires a flushing..

Edit:
    The yellowing I see is the cotyleon and is perfectly normal as that is what the plant uses as nutrients in the first stages of growth....Looks like it will be ok and will be needing a light dose of fert soon

5. Black gold = Bat Guano:confused:

I cant thank you enough colafarmer

+rep