Defend the internet!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by dawnofwar, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Well as many know SOPA and PIPA are being blown through congress in the US. It is a horrible set of pills, and will change the internet forever.

Defend the Internet

Visit that website to learn more, and to send an email, or make a phone call to congress. I'm not even American and I sent an email. I know that if it passes in the US, it won't be long before Harper in Canada tries to do the same.

2. are you serious? can it actually pass? that's bs:mad:

3. #3 dawnofwar, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
    Yea it can... It's pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me. A lot of companies are supporting it (Apple, Sony, etc...) I was going to get a Ps Vita, but now idk if I am... I don't want to be supporting a company that takes part in this tripe.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2IkrOUxNi8

He has some good points. If google refused to show searches for the companies supporting SOPA, then I'm sure that would anger them.

4. Wow. this is bs!

5. What is it they trying to pass?

I dont think regulating Internet good for business, they won't fuck with it too much.

6. Believe me, what they are doing is the equivalent of wrapping your dick in sheet of metal, putting spikes on it, and buttfucking the internet.

7. haha awesome analogy. isn't it a clear vioation of the constitution to do this? it directly limits free speech and ease of acces to information. information should become more widely available not less available, this is just a step back in terms of progress .

8. Well, with a name like "Stop Online Piracy Act", it's intentions are quite obvious :p

9. Yes but that is just one effect. It will be a devastating impact for online business, and even if you have one link to a copyrighted content that you have illegally, you can be destroyed. It's pretty shitty when you get down to the details. It's written in vague political language :rolleyes:

10. [quote name='"dawnofwar"']

Believe me, what they are doing is the equivalent of wrapping your dick in sheet of metal, putting spikes on it, and buttfucking the internet.[/quote]

buttfucking the internet = SOPA + PIPA
    wrapping dick in metal + putting spikes in it + buttfucking the internet > SOPA + PIPA