deet is a killer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NYcdemn, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I have three plants at 2 months each.. ive been using something with deet 40% in it ( [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Repel-Sportsmen-Formula-Repellent-Aerosol/dp/B001DZTIP4]Amazon.com: Repel 6.5 oz. Sportsmen Max Formula 40% DEET Insect Repellent (Aerosol): Sports & Outdoors[/ame] ) to repel insects and such.. it was working for my other plants..

however this time around I got some on the plants them selves.. and I went to check them out today and the plants were withering and brown .. wut I can do revive them??

sorry for not hving any pics.. :smoke:

2. Aahhhh.....good old 40% DEET. I learned of its wonderful power during a recent Canada trip. The skeeters up there are the size of hummingbirds and as thick as fog! I would spray the leaves with soapy water and gently wash the repellant off. I was not aware that it was harmful to plants either, sucks to learn the hard way. Hope they pull through......

3. wash the leaves really good and they should be fine

4. update - I manage to get the oil off the leaves however the stems started to whiter and die... there goes 2 females.. both skunk x haze.. oh well im left with some indicas females :smoking: