Deer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Horus XCIII, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I've been thinking about doing an outdoor grow since I started smoking, and now I'm finally doing it. I live in a state where Durban Poison would probably do pretty well, and I have a good spot and everything all set up. The only problem is keeping the deer out. It's a fairly large plot, to be honest, and I think that much chickenwire might be past my budget. Any goops and goos to keep the deer out? Anyone with first-hand experience? What worked/didn't?

Thank you in advance.

2. various thing's work

lots of human/animal hair around the stems and grow site,
    coyote piss from garden shop or human piss... everytime it rains!
    fishing line about 3 ft high around the perimeter.

these work perfect in combination.

after vegetation i stopped from the regimen of piss and hair,

during flower i was absolutely crushed to see 1 of my largest utterly trampled over without any recognition

3. assault rifle and night vision.

4. Easy dudes, just get som mothballs, spread them around your grow area's parimeter. Deer, bunnies and those other cute fauna as well. Replace the mothballs about once a month.

5. The best way is "Spiderwire" fishing line at 30" from the ground......that will stop any deer that tries to enter your space.
    Another product that works well is "Com'er'Deer" it is a mineral Attractant you pour it on the ground ....and the Deer will destroy that spot they will dig a 2' deep hole in the ground.....place this about 500 yards from yer plants....and the deer will never make to yer' Girls
    Also "Wildlife Research Center" has a product called a scent dripper....ya' fill it with Coyote "Wee" and it drips a lil' when then sun comes up ...stops drippin a night....4 oz of "Wee" last for about 3 weeks

6. Hah! I bet that's why cops always would tell us about "trip wire to guard patches" when we were kids. I always thought that'd be stupid (cause it wouldn't really keep anybody out and it would advertise what's ahead).

Thank you all for the advice. I'm definately doing the fishing line thing, along with pissing up there if I have to go (which I'd do anyway). I might post pics of the grow might not . . . I'll definately post pictures of the final harvest but the grow isn't even starting for a couple months and harvest isn't there for more than half a year with a big sativa like this :smoking:

7. Some "People" actually hook "Trip wires" to a 12Ga shell hooked to a tree in a pipe to shoot straight up if triped

I have trained several dogs to spot them in the woods ( I am NEVER without at least 1 of my dogs usually 2 ).

Dogs can be trained to spot "Straight Lines" If one of mine spots one they hit the brakes and sit down.....there are NO straight lines in nature....."Booby Traps" are all over the Mo. woods.....I'm glad I don't live there anymore :D

8. You keep amazing me with your knowledge... every post. :hello:

9. Thank You Sir......I've been in this "Game" for a long time....I really enjoy being able to Lend -a-hand to so many so easily Via. the Net......:wave:

10. This is a Pic of Zeus he is my Right hand "Man".....he and "Miracle" have saved me before when I was attacked (Bear that had been shot twice the week B4 ....came after me on the front porch)....they will run Elk,Deer,Bear,Lions,Bobcat,Lynx and Coyotes out of the area around the Cabin & Garden only .............they will watch them run by when we are in the woods...

The last pic is my Deer-proof plot .....
    If they are any wider the fence must be 9' tall to keep the deer out.....they have never jumped in one that small they are 20' x 4'....and the soil is "Improved" down to 30"

Attached Files:

11. How much does fencing like that cost?

12. :::::::: :cool: Lookin' both ways ...seein' No one :cool: ::::::::::::::
    Don't you mean;) "Night Vision Gen.III and a "Suppressed Ruger 10/22" ;) ......::::::::Lookin' again and steppin' back into the darkness::::::::

13. I think it was $33.99 for 100 feet a "Home of De' Pot" its 2"x4" 48" tall.....this set-up allows me to force flowering in June or July so I finish B4 frost.......first frost here has come July 21st...Brrrr...It has snowed on us on the 4Th of July

14. Can I grow in the woods? That's where my site is and I've just been thinking about whether they'd be able to get sufficient sunlight. The trees aren't really dense or anything, and I've seen plenty of grows in the forests. Plus it's on the south-facing side of a tall mountain ridge. I bet if I wander around long enough I'll find a patch where there aren't many trees though.

15. Security is the #1 Priority......find a safe place first....then spend a day there......with "Climbing Spikes" and rachet cutters and a limb saw.....start at sunrise and stay til sunset ...watch for shadows on yer' patch .....and then climb up and "Prune" the ofending branch ....that will get ya' the sun that ya' need to make the ladies happy.....when ya cut ANYTHING in the woods rub the cut with dirt ....to hide it from eyes in the forest .......plant the plants in a staggered single file line and tie them down .....do what ever ya' can to avoid the "Christmas Tree Profile".......spray EVERYTHING around with Miracle grow...or whatever is on sale...in a pump sprayer.....grow some cover...:wave:

16. dude you got the spot wherever the hell u live,i like the outdoor plot i wish i could do it here,and rubbing dirt on cuts-thats genius. I wish i knew half of what you seem too ,i really love the plant and if thats all i could do i would in a heartbeat.If it were only legal here:( I would grow it for pennies just to have it as my job lol//put in 23 hour days:smoking: -peace