Deer!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 4estgreen420, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I I walk back to my spot today and to find deer had eaten some buds off my plants

2. Piss around the edge of your grow every time you go there. Or collect your urine to distribute on your next visit.

Deer just wanta medicate...

3. Honestly man... I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it, they looked so good I had to take a bite or 2 Haha.

But really, that's shitty sorry to hear. Just nature doing its thing.

Edit: Like RCs idea.

4. Lol more like 9 bites. But yeah I usually do but dammit I didn't think of it when I was there. Well hopefully what they took was enuff for them. I still have quite a bit left

5. haha yeah man god gave me the gift that everytime i go to my spot i get the urge to piss! i learned that one from the movie humboldt county

6. I love that movie! But hopefully the deer do not come back

7. Take a Fat shit too that helps

I have a Bear who decided that it wants to live around my Girls It has Flipped one over looking under the pot for food... and has Beaten down all the surrounding cover (blackberry bushes) to them so any 1 who walks up on the ridge can now see them.......

8. If its hunting season there, go get a license and a gun and shoot that bitch.

9. If I was a billionaire I would feed a blackangus cow nothing but weed and beer. Now that would be how you do kobe beef

10. #10 clodhopper, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    Ive never in my life heard of a deer or any other critter eating a flowering cannabis plant. Ive had my share of battles with deer and vegging cannabis, but once the flowers start and resin begins to be produced along with terpines, i would have bet that no critter on earth would eat them. Nothing - zip - zero.

Are you sure they werent taken by claim jumpers? Cannabis resin is an abd0minal irritant when ingested raw without being heated to 250 degrees farenheit. which is what occurs when you smoke it or cook it. Deer are quick to munch on vegging cannabis but it doesnt produce resin or terpines, but flowering cannabis is a different beast and the thc and terpines are used by the plant to prevent attraction by animals. Buds are sticky, chemical tasting and the terpines are irritating to the digestive tract.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9xCWphV8s]Deer Suck - YouTube[/ame]

12. Thats what happens to us wisconsin growers!

13. Deer don't have as much food these days i think they are branching out their diets and that budding beauty probably looked like sugar coated veggie kabobs! Try scent related deterrent methods and worst case set up a deer blind and protect your children!

14. Are there for sure deer tracks there? I've also never heard of this....ever. If that was the case, southern oh, would not have a crop anywhere!

15. Yes there were deer tracks. I could also tell by the way thy were chewed it took little side colas but not necessarily a big loss jus upsetting but it happens outdoors, so I can't be mad. I could see a couple branches just dangling from the movement of the plants