deer pruned my plant for me, whadda think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jul 5, 2007.

1. lol hey guys. just got back from checking everything, and noticed that about 2-3 of my plants, which are (or were) about 2-2.5 feet, had the tops munched off. looks like a damn deer did it, only thing i could think of that could reach that high (there in buckets). my question is, could this be the same as topping or pruning a plant? the top part of the plant is completely gone, and the shoots look like they are pretty clean cut. the plants look fine color wise and arent drooping. it also looks like 2 shoots have started, but im not sure if it is a truly new shoot or just one of the branches that was attached to the top of the plant growin beside the main stalk, you know? do you think she will survive? and do you think it will grow 2 new shoots? i would think so because what is the difference between cutting the top off with scissors and having it eaten away? what do you think, thanks alot.

ps- they have about 4-5 weeks before they started to flower, if it is a prune like cut, would it still have time to recover and begin growing?

2. id just cut under the chew to make a clean cut, and spread some mothballs around and fox piss to keep them critters away

3. He isn't asking how to keep the critters away, he's asking if having the deer munch the tops of his plants is going to be beneficial or harmful to his plant. Personally, I don't know much about pruning or trimming at all, so I can't say I'm an expert on the subject. However, I had a little plant one time that the top of it had become completely infested with some sort of silk web shit from caterpillars or something. So I just snipped the whole top portion of it off, leaving just the stem and a few leaves on it. Over time, two shoots developed just like you said and the plant grew on as normal. I don't think it will hurt your plant, but you may want to do something to keep the deer out from now on, incase they come back to munch on your potent bud later in the year.