Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deep Thoughts

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Graffix78, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Wassup fellow tokers, been a long time since I posted. How yall been? Ive been taking some bong rips and surfing the web and I wanted to get deep with ya for a bit.

For a few months now Ive been getting antsy so to speak. I feel something coming and coming fast maybe some of you have been feeling it too. I really didn't know how to explain it till I saw a video on the discovery channel website about a show of theirs called 2057. A physicist by the name of Michio Kaku speaks of the transition of earth from a type 0 civilization to type 1. This is basically a one world civilization.

I feel the world is on the brink of a major leap forward. If you look at the medical advances that could be possible with stem cells, cloning, and genetics, its mind boggling what might be possible just around the future.

Personally i can also see great advantages to a one humanity "government". But of course there are cons as well which is the whole point of posting here. To discuss :smoking:

What we are talking about is quite possibly a end to war " to some extent". A marvelous era of physical health and longevity and quite possibly the advancement of our civilization into the stars.

I feel it coming and truly want to be apart of it. I'm a 28 yr old stay at home at dad that dropped out of college and I believe I'm going back and getting a degree possibly my masters and doing whatever I can to help us make the transition.

Do you think its possible? Do you think we can get through this without blowing ourselves up and make it to the next level?

Lets talk about it :wave:

PS: You should really watch the clips on discovery.com especially the interveiw with Michio Kaku

2. Im thinking we're heading more towards Orwellian than Utopian. Personally, I'm glad I was born now, while life still has some risk and freedom left to it. While theres still some unexplored bounds. Where everyone and thing isn't traceable. Before paper money becomes useless and a little microchip handles all of the worlds accounts.

3. I think only the elite (extreme wealth or power) will make it to 2057.

4. When you say "make it" do you mean survive? Whats your thoughts? Do you see them as the survivors of a nuclear fall out of something?

5. Man... I liked it the way things were just a couple years ago. Technology wise... I hate the future. I don't want to be a part of the insane global system that you can't escape from in the future. And it's coming really soon. Just complete control... I'm scared as fuck. I'm so happy to be living as a person with a free will and can still stray away from the shadow of civilization. Atleast right now.

All I have to say is, enjoy your lives my friends. Civilization is destroying itself, oh wow... history repeating itself... again?! Every great civilization must fall. What happened to Rome? What happened to Napoleon? What happened to Hitler? Or how about the Native Amerians? Ever thought about the massacres on Haiti? Entire civilizations have been whiped out many times.

True history? It's not what they teach you at school. Shit goes down. Think deeper.

-Peace

6. Someday, somewhere, today's empires are tommorrow's ashes.

May (I think) 2008 all ID's and driver's licenses in America will have chips in them that give off radio signals so you can be tracked down if necesary. Scary shit. That distant opressive future is fast approaching.

7. I'm sensing a little of our stoner paranoia :smoking:

Sure there are gonna be some privacy issues with a "wired" world but not as much as we fear i would guess. But think of some of the good that could come.

It may be far fetched but I agree with Mr. Kaku when he said that the one humanity organization would have to be tolerant of many cultures and backgrounds. If we were to reach this status, war as we know it could end. We would have to get past all of our senseless bickering over what separates us whether that is race,creed,color or personal preference.

I know this sounds impossible. How can the human war machine suddenly turn into a Utopian society and quickly? Well my prediction is that the amazing advances and breakthroughs that are currently already in project form, are going to force us either into this vision or into dust as we blow up the planet.

What are some of these advances that are going to push us forward?

1. Medical

Increasing human life expectancy and lack of diseases as we find cures will force us to expand to the stars (or at least the ocean) in the very near future.

2. Commercial

Private investors ( mostly Hollywood elite) are spending tons of cash making their own space ships and rockets. This will also fuel the race to the stars even to the point that it becomes commonplace and its not just the 5 richest people in the world in space.

3. Warfare

We have to join as one or let the terrorists just kill us now. More money is spent on researching warfare than any other area. The human species has went from sitting in a cave with a club to designing weapons that could prolly split this rock we live on in half. If we don't re-prioritize our society, I'm afraid we wont have one left before long.

Just a few thoughts. There are plenty of other factors.

8. whats up guys..i havent said much in a while and i just wanted to respond because ive been having thoughts about this (after watching the history channel one night while stoned)..i think the world might end 0n dec. 21st 2012..its been phrophesised repeatedly..also the mian calender ends on exactly that date..scientists theorize that exactly that date the earth will be in perfect alignment with a black hole recently discovered in our milky way galaxy..and also in perfet alignment with the sun..and somehow this is sopposed to cause our earths magnetic poles to shift exactly opposite (north becomes south etc.) causing like a week of nonstop global shifting ..earth quakes then ultimitely global destruction..if anyo f you have seen this and have oppinions let me know your thoughts too..cuz i dont know it just seems really probable

9. I haven't heard of this personally but I do know the "end of the world" has been coming for some time. Just think about the year 1000, 2000, 1666 and horde of other dates that the world is going to end. For me, I'm not worried, but then again I don't have the religion monkey on my back telling me all the bad stuff that will happen if I don't do as they say and give em money . :)

10. Graffix, you can tell from your tone that you've got much optimistic energy going around. Take advantage of it, but be cautious about getting too ethereal.

And please don't ask me why I talk like a fortune cookie.:D

11. man being 'wired', thats some enemy of the state shit right there, theyre already talkin bout takin away our civil liberty of privacy in the UK with these stupid ID cards

12. Yeah the power level that the government is getting to is scary, and the power that a one world government would wield is even more so. But there is two things that I believe to be true. One is that we can't move on to other worlds as a split society. If the US makes a moon colony it is sure to lead to territory and mineral right disputes that will also lead to war. PS: A moon base is in the works as we speak.

And two, I believe if we stay here (on earth) as a split society it will lead to war and possibly our extinction.

Over population will be a driving factor that simply can not be avoided and is already near its brink in places like India and China. As we continue to advance medicine and cure disease and increase life expectancy.... We will have no choice but to expand or go to war to thin the population. There is no way around that fact.

We as a people (especially here in America) have gotten so fat and comfortable with our own trivial day to day life, that we stopped looking forward. Our personal happiness is the main concern of 95% of us and I just feel we should start thinking of bettering the human race instead of just ourselves.

13. the earth is quickly reaching it's carrying capacity of approximately 12 billion people. with these advances in medical technology that are increasing longevity will ultimately hurt us in the end. humans should be worrying more about how to control the population growth than increasing life expectancy. tthere are hardly enough resources on this planet to support the growing population as it is, and if people are living even longer, then it just makes the problem worse.

14. I just think humans suck in general, yes we are advancing in the mediacal and technologicla field, but eventually we will have used up all of your resources.

Read Tradgedy of the Commons byt Thomas Malthus.

15. Interesting thread - in amongst the paranoia and bull some real perls of wisdom. And some unhappy truths.

I don't think we can ever have a single civilisation. Not for a good few years yet any way. See, we are all too diferrent, and our countries are at different ages in their development.

Britain is an old nation, creaking in it's old age. Empire and world influence all but gone, infrastructure falling appart, government bungling incompetants blithering about in the old age home.

America is still young, a teenager, early 20's maybe. Full of brovado and self importance. School bully - All the power none of the wisdom. (And some scary people!)

The Middle East is odd. It's an insane old man of a nation, schizophrenic since being sliced up and shared out by the good old brits as it's empire crumbled arround it. The new set of OldYoung nations duly set about each other over old stamping grounds, oil, religion, 3 goats and my sisters virtue, whatever...... Egged on varyingly by the Old Man and the Young Bully (And sometimes even the USSR remember them!?)

Israel is the big bullies little brother.... Nuff said!

Russia is fun. All those Eastern Block (New European in some cases) countries. All just harmless mad old dudes who all have varying eccentricities and foibles. All falling appart, eaking out a living. Occaisionally kicking each other in the shins but generally harmless.

The far east is middle aged, conservative, succsefull - remember the yuppies? You got it! They will inherit the earth, you wait and see... After very politely and nicely selling at to us.

Australia. Insane aunt with a paranoia complex! I love my insane aunt, but I wouldn't want to live with her.

So try build a house all these dudes can live together in! And I havn't even started on religion!

No, like Espiranto I think this is a fine idea, One that I truely wish we could acheive in our life times. But in the words of my Beloved Morrissey "Love Peace and Harmony, Love Peace and Harmony, Oh very nice, very nice, very nice, but maybe in the next world".

:smoking:

16. personally i think that this is just what they said about the millennium. but i havnt read all the post nor have i read about what scientist have said. but anyways i mean people were saying that when it became 2000 everybody would die and all that nonsense. i personally just think they are doing the same thing but reverse. i mean who knows whats to come and who's to care to an extent. we will eventually find out when the time comes.

ok now i read the post still the research to go.

17. I dunno man. The world seems to be getting worse and worse.

I don't think any advances, especially shit like cloning will make the world any better. We've gotten to the point we're playing God, and if there is a God I'm pretty sure he wont be too happy about that. So either way we're fucked.