Decriminalization in MASS under 18?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Apine, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Pot has been decriminalized in massachusetts if you have under an ounce on you, so all you get is a 100 dollar fine. are the laws the same with minors? just a fine? or would u be brought to court or forced to some sort of class or anything?

2. Wouldn't think so but could be wrong.

3. In Massachusetts when I got my ticket, I was still 17 at the time, and I had to complete a 4 hour drug class, 10 hours of community service, and pay the $100.00 fine. If the class and community service are not completed within a year, the fine jumps to $1,000.00

4. woooow thats so stupid, i heard that because your not doing anything criminal your not required to show I.D, so they have no way of telling who you are or how old you are, so no classes or even fine for that matter? probably wrong, just heard that

5. Well, I wouldn't worry about it since you're obviously not a minor

6. Yeah, when it happened I was in my car, so I was required to show my ID and registration... I am unsure what would happen if you were smoking on foot or in public and didn't have an ID on you, possible loophole? who knows...

7. my thoughts exactly.

8. Yeah, drug awareness class and community service and the fine, and of course they're gonna get your parents involved...

So stupid that they make you take a class to learn how dangerous weed is (I guess that's what it's on? Anyone have experience?). I wonder if they tout that great statistic that most kids in rehab are in it for weed... REALLY? Who put them there?

Anyway extravaganja was sick, there were definitely a lot of minors or borderline kids there but from what I saw, a huuuge gathering with really no problems. One ambulance showed up, made me wonder if someone thought they OD'd... lol :)

9. When I had to go to the meeting, it was from 10 AM to 2 PM, and the lady running it was actually very cool and it was basically just a bunch of kids sitting around a conference table talking about weed. The moderator lady asked many questions about if we know what weed does to affect you and stuff, and then went on to explain the chemical process. (of which most of the kids at the table had no idea what even got you high, surprisingly :rolleyes:) It was all accurate information that she was giving us and it felt more like a class on what weed is, than a punishment. It was VERY LONG, and ended up dragging on forever, but they surprised us with free pizza at the end.