Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbing question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RandomThoughts, Oct 14, 2012.

1. So I'm about to make some edibles.
    I've never decarbed, though a lot of the time post-vaped buds have been involved in the past.

This time, since I'm on a rather lengthy t-break at the moment - I have *some* post-vape but not much - that, I consider ready to go.

The main thing I have is about 20 grams of very tricky leaf that I've chopped from buds I've bought, bottom of the bag type stuff as well, a shit-tonne of "hairs" and of course good old stems I've removed.

Soooo...I'm thinking decarbing might get better results in the end.

I'm aware of the process and everything, so I don't need too much advice there.

However, what I want to know is - what would be the best way to do this, considering most of what I have is of relatively little bulk?

I was pondering pre-heating my oven to the desired temperature, then placing the greens in there in a "foil pouch" to avoid anything too direct.
    Checking it after 5 minutes and so on.

What do you folks with decarbing experience think?

Thanks in advance.

2. I just decarbed the other day, I ground up all my shit before putting it on foil that I put on a baking sheet, everything was fine, so you should be good with your shake.

3. Ah, I always thought the idea would be to decarb something like this prior to grinding.
    So, how long did you leave it in?
    Was it a foil pocket?
    Fan forced or regular oven?

4. Lined my baking sheet in foil so i could transfer from pan to saucepan with oil in it. I did 250 degrees, for around 18 minutes. I had read some do 10 min, some do 30 min. I chose in between haha.

5. grind ... decarb...then cook in oil

i used a muffin tray and filled a hole with the material, covered it in foil...

i have a forced fan

and baked it for 15 minutes..the startin material was pretty dry...so it should vary. theres a small window of time where most of what u want is evaporated so judge according to how moist your starting material is

6. #7 Jezn, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    that windows isn't so small as you might thing, as long as the temp is stable at about 220f it could be in there for hours, but the longer you do so, the more thc will degrade to byproducts of thc that have a more sleepy effect.

and yes, just wrap in tinfoil pouch. If you are unsure of your ovens temps, you can check up frequently if you like, but keep in mind the temp drops a lot when you open your oven. This way the decarb may take way longer.