Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbing for firecrackers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Slim340, Aug 22, 2012.

1. So yes I did search a ton about this but I do have some questions still...Can someone tell me in simplistic terms how to decarb the weed? Do I grind it up before hand? Do I wrap it up in tin/aluminium foil? What should my time range/heat settings because I will be cooking the weed again when the FC's are in the oven? Ive read low temp/longer time, high temp/short time and yada yada yada. Should I be aiming like 170F for like 30 minutes or like 280F for 10 minutes?

All help is appreciated and this is my first time making any sort of edibles so I would like to be precise as possible and not screw up! Thanks all and sorry for the noob question :wave:

2. ^^ Thanks broski, much appreciated!

3. Can anyone give insight into the smell when decarbing? Ive been reading sometimes it reaks while other times it doesnt...if it does smell, would popping like 2 bags of popcorn while decarbing cover up the smell?

4. It smells the most when decarbing but it doesnt stay around very long. But yea, you can decarb when your weed is ground up or still in nug form. I usually do 250F for 15 minutes.

5. not to highjack the thread but i just had a highdea- instead of decarbing could i just take a couple of hits of the bud to be cooked out of my vape?

6. decarbing is far more efficient.