Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbed bud for coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dev1, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Hiya

Ive got my bud decarbed. Its not much about 5 to 7 grams.
    As a guess how much coconut oil do i need?

My plan was to melt the oil on a low heat. Not boil it, just literally melt it and put the decarbed bud in for an hour.

Strain it, let completely cool down then put in fridge.

Going to be using it sparingly in tea to help with sleep.

Will this work? Or can you help with a different way.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well the recipe on leafy says ratio of about 1 cup of oil to 1 cup of bud

So for your 7g I'd say 100 or 200m of coconut oil will be OK depending on the potency.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

3. Thanks for this. Some good info

4. A good solid dose for most users is a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja per person. So 7 grams × 4 doses per gram = 28 doses. It's a good place to start. You can always take more...

As far as coconut oil goes, enough to make it soupy if you'e taking just the oil, or mix ground decarbed ganja into the oil the recipe calls for. That simple.

What was you're decarb procedure? 240*F for fourty minutes is right on the money. Let it cool, grind, mix with oil, freeze, heat in the oven for a couple hours on low low temp to steep and bind the cannabinoids in the oil (I do 150*F for 4 hours) it's ready to use. You could just dump the ganja in the oil and use with excellent results but the extra processing makes a huge difference. As does adding a teaspoon of lecithin per 3.5 to 7 grams of ganja.

I don't simmer the ganja on the stove any more. It's to hard to keep the temp low enough to keep from degrading the ganja.

My procedure goes like this...
    Decarb at 240*F for fourty minutes. Grind it fine. Mix it with coconut oil. Freeze it for several hours to over night. Put it in a 200*F oven for 20 minutes (for a little extra CBD kick). Freeze it again for several hours to over night. Anoher 20 minutes in a 200*F. I got a 15$ mug warmer from Wally world and set it on that for the day. The oil at this point hits fast and hard. 45 minutes and I feel It, an hour and I'm baked, an hour and a half and it's strait couch lock.

Good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I dont have any lecithin. Just Googled it to see what it was. Is this essential or can i continue without it this time. I will order it so i can add it next time

6. You don't need it. It helps for sure but isn't critical in any way. They add lecithin to a lot of medications to make them more effective.

Decarb, mix with the oil the recipe calls for and bake per the recipe directions. It's all about a proper decarb, everything else is secondary.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cann coconut is ready.... am going to use quarter of a teaspoon in tea. Hopefully i will know from that if i need a tiny bit more... or less.

• Like Like x 1

8. Looking at getting this. What do you think...

Special Ingredients Sunflower Lecithin Powder 100g

Its on amazon

9. It's all good.
    Sunflower or soy. Granules, Powder or liquid.
    [​IMG]
    I tend to use the liquid.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can tell you BrassNwood's method works marvelously well. I used some bud that a friend gave me and it wasn't very good as far as smoking goes. The stuff I had was much better. So I used the bud from the friend to make brownies. I followed his recipe and used the oil after is thawed out and warmed up again. I used 1/3 c of it because that's what the brownie box called for.

I hadn't been able to get off on edibles in a very long time. That method put me out like a light. I had to practically crawl to the bedroom. Had enough left over to make more after I passed out brownies to all my friends. One was enough and it made 12.

I got the soy lecithin at the health food store. It was a powder.

11. Decarb 240F for 40 minutes
    5 grams hash-weed-BHO-ABV
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    .5 lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 min.
    Done.
    Makes about 30 wicked strong caps or doses.
    [​IMG]
    Decarbed hash
    [​IMG]
    Hash and oil-lecithin
    [​IMG]
    Capping on the coffee mug warmer.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1