Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarb your bud while simmering the coconut oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Louis Waldo, Dec 10, 2018.

1. So i have been meanibg to make sone suuuuper strong coconut oil, I usually use trim and my magic butter machine, a little lesithin, and carb my bud at 250 for half hour before adding it to liquid oil, however i npyiced there is a slighy burnt taste that ahppens qhen you do it that way, so my question is..Can i just bring the whole thing to a simmer for a half hour instead of decarbing my bud? i have already started but i am interested what everyone has to say on this. I have put 14 grams of bud shake into 1,5 cups of coconut oil. What do you all think?

2. Decarb in oil is radically different from decarb in air.
    My first MBM oil batch a few years ago was done by simply heating herb in oil in MBM without decarbing first, and it was very poor.
    I own 2 MBMs, but rarely use them anymore, because there are simpler, more effective methods.
    If you want oil, try BrassNwood's unstrained oil recipe.
    If you want cookies/brownies, then use a shortened version: decarb, grind to powder, mix into the oil of any recipe with some lecithin, bake @ 220 F for 20 min, freeze, then use in the recipe.
    My experience is that this works much than decarb, followed by 1-4 hours @ 160 F in MBM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. When in doubt I follow the directions. I've never experienced the burnt taste, or maybe that's what I enjoyed.

4. Open air decarb is the best as the C02 has to break free from the THCa and convert it to THC.
    Takes to long once submerged in oil and it's degrading to part CBN at that point and it's making you sleep.
    I want to be awake and stoned not couch locked and nodding off.

Coconut oil will scorch if simmered IME so I keep it at 220 F in a regulated oven. Extended cooking also converts more THC to CBN so keep the cooking times short if you want a wide awake stone.

Large amounts of Coconut oil (any cooking oil) can cause a mild laxative effect so I keep the ratio of Cannabis to oil as low as possible and make sludge-mud pie consistency.

BNW

• Like Like x 1