Decapitated trichome heads

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by WeedGrowsOnTrees, Jun 21, 2021.

1. So I just harvested two plants this weekend. Two more to go…
    I stack the buds in tin trays after i cut the branches into separate colas

now what i realized is;
    They buds get flattened on the side it rests..well how do I avoid that?
    Some trichomes on some parts were decapitated. No trichome head..how do i avoid that?

thanks

2. dont let it lay too long, do a little and hang. depends on plant size i either cut the whole plant or into hanging sizes trim big fan leaves and dying leaves off and hang, so they never lay down until dried and put into jars

i bought one of those hanging dry racks, i dont use it anymore for that reason by the time the buds dry itll be smushed on the side it dried on even if you rotate the buds itll have a defect on at least one side

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Your talking about a few hundred trichomes out of the billions on the plant.
    It's a non issue.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

4. Those are "buckets of love"

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You don't know how close that is to the truth. :)
    It'll all gets shaken for Kief.
    The Kief turned into edible oil
    The oil fills little capsules
    And Love potion #9 plays in my head as I fill them.
    LMAO

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Thank you, i will try to rotate them as much as possible so they don’t get too squished. Or is that worse because when i flip them now the other side gets squished. Does a squished side sponge back to normal?

Are there actually that many trichomes? Even if millions I would have guessed maybe like 50k trichomes on a whole plant
    Either way, you’re right. A few won’t make a difference. Thanks

7. no once its squished it squished, maybe a few i rotated soon enough were fine but i like perfect nugs not lop sided nugs so i only hang dry now

8. They aren't "decapitated trichomes", it's completely normal to have those. I can get you a link if you'd like to research it further.

Always hang dry.

9. What about popcorn nugs? Do you just not seperate them from the branches?

10. no the more i can fit on a hanger the longer my dry time will be. smaller nugs by themselves would dry too fast

11. If it won’t be too much trouble that would be great

12. So what do you do with them?

13. what do you mean what do i do with them its weed they get put into the jar as well

14. No while drying. Do you hang the popcorn nugs or lay them on a drying tray

15. Hang all together

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1