Debate: Is Islam the reason or justification for abuse

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Faeairy, Jul 21, 2017.

1. This isn't to say that all who follow Islam are like that but if you grew up with that level of hatred indoctrination, essentially being programmed to kill all non believers well.... don't expect much peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Despite the shortcomings of Judaism, they did not claim to be a master race but rather believe they were chosen to inherit God's land with the clause to share it with all others.

I dunno, take that for what you will. At the end of the day religion is more a threat to unity than any wall or weapon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Making women subservient always leads to abuse which is kept in check by the mores of society. In a society where the majority are Muslim the abuse of women is rampant. Naturally the abusers disagree with this because to them it's just normal behavior they learned during their socialization while growing up, much like the slave culture in the old South. It wasn't wrong because it's just the way things are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Again, you are taking the actions of people and saying that this is what the religion says. Maybe middle eastern countries don't follow Islam to a tee. Maybe because someone else's way of thinking is different does not make it wrong. Maybe there are rules that have been put in place by a creator of infinite wisdom that PROTECT us from the harms in the world that are now well documented and scientifically proven.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arguing with zealots is about as fruitful as slamming your head in to a brick wall and expecting it to become a new building.

I'm not sure why I bothered.

6. No, corruption is.

Do you have evidence that supports your claim that people who adhere to Islam are more likely to abuse their wives? That doesn't mean to go look at statistics from Egypt or Saudi or wherever and compare them, that means identifying who the true followers of Islam are and what their behavior is like. Someone asked the prophet Muhammad (SAW) the best advice for man. His response was "DON'T GET ANGRY." What does that statement have to do with abuse?

7. We always welcome your questions, we will do our best to give the best answers possible using logic and sound reasoning.

8. I don't need your propaganda from the Isis Brotherhood, thanks.

9. Who said anything about Brotherhood or isis? Where have I posted propaganda?

10. Just as an example of what you are trying to say by saying "Muslim countries" or "middle east" as representatives of individuals adherence to a religion:

"Americans are obese"- about 30% of Americans are obese
    "Americans are dumb"- Worldwide, about %2 of humans are born with genius level IQ
    "Saudis (or middle easterners or whatever) are abusive- abuse occurs at a home to home basis for different reasons. None of which are justified in Islam

11. What I said was making a class of people subservient always leads to abuse. It's not because they are Muslim, it's any group anywhere. It's just human nature. People define abuse in different ways. To me hitting your spouse is abuse, to you it's corrective action.

12. Making someone subservient leads to abuse? Facts? Statistics? Anything condoning abuse in islam? I can tell you absolutely not.

13. By the way, resorting to insults in an argument is forbidden in Islam.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sharia Law is the law of Islam it is rather brutal, especially towards women.

:smoke:

Edited to add;

This particular law almost guarantees a mistrust between other religions or constructive debate (Not saying you are doing this but, how do we know?);

• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. How so?

16. • A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
    • Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
    • A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
    • A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
    • A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
    • Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
    • A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
    • A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
    • Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
    • A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
    • A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
    • A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
    • A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
    • A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
    • A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
    • A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. This is not Islam.
    Lying and deceit is not islamic. This is an innovation and prohibited.

18. This is inaccurate?

"The Apostle said...'Who will rid me of Ibnul Ashraf?' Muhammad bin Maslama, brother of the Bani Abdul-Ashaf, said, 'I will deal with him for you, O Apostle of Allah, I will kiII him.' [Muhammad] said, 'Do so if you can... All that is incumbent upon you is that you should try.' He said, 'O Apostle of Allah, we shall have to tell Iies.' He answered, 'Say what you like, for you are free in the matter.'" - Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad, page 307

"The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" - Volume 4, Book 52, Hadith 269

"By Allah, and Allah willing, if I take an oath and later find something else that is better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath." - Volume 7, Book 67, Hadith 427

"The believers never ally themselves with the disbelievers, instead of the believers. Whoever does this is exiled from Allah. Exempted are those who are forced to do this to avoid persecution." - Quran 3:28

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The ones I have bolded are false. Plain and simple. The rest I will have to get to, a bit tired now. Lol

20. Taqiyya is not islam