Debate: Is Islam the reason or justification for abuse

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Faeairy, Jul 21, 2017.

1. hey, this is going to be my first post, and a long post, on this thread. I am a former muslim who was raised in an abusive household that glorified my abuser (my brother) because he is male. In the past few months I have made the huge decision to seperate mysel until they are less toxic. I have noticed many faults in my parents logic, for example:
    1.According to my mother, 'American laws' don't apply to me because we arent American. I was born in Texas.
    2. My body isnt mine, its my parents decision what happens to it. because apparently giving birth to someone means you can control their body and mind.
    3. Dating and sex is wrong no matter what, even if I dont identify with their religion that preaches abstinence. which leads me to
    4. It is okay to push Islam on me, even though I have made it clear from a young age that Islam is not my religion (though i do respect it) because they are muslim and Islam is obviously the One True Religion in their perspective. If i disobey any rules or teachings in the Quran, I am a bad person and i am Straying from the path of Allah.

To give some insight on the abuse i went through, my brother would beat me and berate me daily, essentially using me as his personal punching bag until i was 15 and threatned to call the police on him. since then, it was emotional abuse. He used to stand in my room holding a knife, and would wake me up to tell me that he was such a good brother because he didnt kill me. My parents on multiple occasions witnessed him beating me and trying to suffocate me while i begged for help. all they said was 'stop pushing your brothers buttons, you know better than that' and to him they only said 'use your words not your fists'. of course he didnt stop. anyways, the point im trying to get to is that my parents allowed my brother to get away with what he did and continues to praise him for being a good child even after i came out and told them about it. He has murdered someone in college, been caught with 5lbs of weed in texas (i obv love weed but he is dumb for attempting to smuggle it into an illegal state) and has just been using my parents for his benefit.
    i want to know though, do you think this abuse is caused by the close mindedness found in Islam and our culture, or do you think its used to justify abuse?
    sorry for the long ass story, also feel free to ask questions about anything

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. What? If all this is true why is he not in jail?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I've been telling the social justice warrior types who blindly defend Islam that it is NOT a peaceful religion and is in fact a belief system that literally goes against everything that they believe. From my perspective as a Luciferian who believes in equal rights and the equal treatment of women, Islam is a death cult pure and simple. I say the same things about Christianity and Judaism but Islam is by far the worst offender here. You were seen as a second rate human being by your own family, you were viewed as being inferior to a fucking murderer, and for what? To preserve some horrid religious beliefs by placing them above human decency? Fuck that, I embrace personal freedom and self-divinity as a part of my Luciferian beliefs and from this perspective everybody is deserving of becoming their own god and nothing less. You just have to work for it is all.

Islamic culture absolutely justifies abuse against anything that goes against their beliefs whether that means being born into the "wrong" sex, being homosexual, or anything that is remotely taboo. I know it can be hard to do as it is family but you need to get out of that lifestyle and escape the abuse. I'm sure that you will be a much happier person for it in the long run. Islam has produced people like your brother all across the world and will continue to do so as they will be supported for their actions by family and friends while half the popuation, aka women, will have no say in anything they do. Burn your hijab, embrace the power of the self, and become your own god.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. my father has taken extensive legal action to make sure that my brother isnt in jail right now. he pinned the smuggling on his friend, and with the help of a good lawyer my brothers file got lost in the system, and he never got a court date. the murder was due to a fraternity hazing, he and his friends coaxed another freshman into drinking too much, he died of a heart complication. the fraternity brothers were suspended and the fraternity itself was dissolved, but nothing happened to my brother because he and his friends coverrd for each other

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. However he did drop out before the university could suspend him. he told me all this while cross faded.

6. Many Muslim people actually have signs of inbreeding in their genetics, which accounts for some of their behaviour, but even this does not account for the shortfalls of Islam.

Truthfully, any religion that sticks, does so, because it garners power to a certain class; the nature of actually striking a balance between classes and men/woman is incredibly difficult to achieve, as you can probably tell by the fact that our own societies have still not accomplished this. Religion is always based on a certain caste of people having some sort of power over others and Islam is not the only one guilty of this.​

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 G4Grassdetta, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    I've read the Koran and just like with Judaism and the Pharisaical law, they added in a lot of other things that are bullshit legalism that in no way have to do with the true religion. Christianity also does this to a much greater extent, but in a more muddled give and take kind of way.

That is NOT true Islam at least not what the Koran teaches. Any religion that draws from many different texts written by MEN can be led astray to where it is merely a blanket/covering for their sins. I have found the Allah that is described in the Koran has no resemblance to the "allah" Jihadists or any of those countries governments truly follow. That's like saying America is run by Christians...ludicrous. It's a means to an end to them, a method of control.

Not saying there aren't true muslims out there who are not wrapped up in a spirit of religion and are loving caring warriors of light. Those people exist in every religion but they are few. I'd just stay away...with maybe a few forays into trying to "understand" their faith a sort of olive branch...other than that, wouldn't expect too much.

EDIT: I'll just go ahead and edit this even though it's 3 months old. I still support my position after disagreements. There are scriptures in the bible that people take out of context and men in the bible that did some pretty atrocious things. People take things out of context. I've thought some pretty off the wall things that if I had written down (thankfully I have not) it would be taken out of context of my overall story. This seems to be the case with many religious texts. My initial readings of the Koran may have been seeing what I want to see. Just like when people read the bible they see what they want to see. I just talked with a woman the other day that regurgitated my post in a nutshell (which was odd frankly). So that sentiment is out there...I'm not saying I'm wrong or right. I am no expert in Islam. This has just been my experience through light study and the people I have come in contact with.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Too bad folks can't just be psychotic without the crutch of religiosity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. You know what you must do, get out of there and don't look back. You're family has been warped by their religion and until you leave you'll be at risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Op how old are you?

11. Im 19; ive been in the process of seperating myself from them for the past 5 or 6 months

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Smart Girl
    They have help centers for battered women if you need a place to stay

13. ANNNND These shelters are pretty much top notch. Wouldn't feel weird or anything...unlike a basic homeless shelter which I would STRONGLY advise against...Avoid ANY shelter that accepts men and you'll find excellent lodging for the most part.

Yes, I'm a man, and I've seen the gritty side of things to some extent. You have a LOT of options as a female.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 Vicious, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    It is Islam and much of it is in the Koran, including pedophilia. That is before including the Hadith and Sunnah which are integral to Islam. Call Islam for what it is and cut the "not real Islam" shit, especially when it comes to jihadist, they are fundamentalist. Don't forget Muhammad slaughtered all the men in Medina and enslaved the women and children because of a dream. Muhammad was only peaceful before Mecca, after that he was a warlord. Just as Christians try to emulate Christ as the ideal man, Muslims look at Muhammad with reverence and follow him and the teachings in the Hadiths as the ideal man. Islam teaches total war and to use any means necessary. Islam is a religion of conquest spread by the sword.

When i see people say "not real islam" I just assume its taqiyya.

As for OP, happy you got yourself out of there and wish you the best. I know several apostates and it is a hard thing to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Religious facts are racist!!!! :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well as a Muslim I wasn't raised like that and I'm male. In fact I would get a proper hiding with a belt whenever I was disrespectful to anyone, regardless of sex. You get the same in every religion, but it's not the religion part that really matters, it's how strict the people are that are following it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Culture plays a big part in this stuff too. There's a lot of recessive culture influenced by the religion too. I'd say to the OP to please be aware that the penalty for apostasy is death so be aware of this when leaving and how your parents have condoned your brothers actions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. So you agree if the tenets of the religion are strictly followed then it's an abusive religion?

19. All religion should be thrown in the toilet and start over

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. As much as I hate to say so, yes I do. But I also believe that every religion can be abusive when followed so strictly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1