Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Death from Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by VariationTokes, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Now before you start putting words in my mouth let me clear something. I am NOT talking about an overdose from the drug but I was just having a conversation with a friend who said "Marijuana does kill because if you drive under the influence and die its the drugs fault" I explained to him its the drivers fault for being idiotic and driving under the influence he then brought up the point on how if you have a gun and accidently kill someone with it would it still be considered a death from the gun? what are your thoughts?

2. Have fun both "accidentally" smoking weed and making the decision to drive a car. I suppose you could get a second-hand high if you are very inexperienced, but then you'd still have to "accidentally" make the decision to drive the car. No contest, it's the driver's fault, not the weed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. He's got you there.

If by adding that variable you change the outcome of the situation it therefore becomes a contributing factor to what happens. It's a chicken and egg thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm no saint. But not claiming to be a bad ass either. I've made stupid decisions like everyone else. I've drove while I was high and after drinking as well. That was my fault. Not the weed or the alcohol. I drove and blacked out at a red light after drinking and the driver honked his horn next me. I woke up. While stoned, I drove to get food. Sat in the drive-thru, got my food drove home. No problem there. I don't drive stoned now by the way (tolerance too low). But...if something had happened it wasn't the substance, it was my idiotic decision.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Human beings have agency. Inanimate objects don't. If it were marijuana or guns at fault, then marijuana and guns would be given the right to a trial and a lawyer. Blaming inanimate objects for preventable deaths is a cheap way to skirt personal responsibility and is very telling about people who do it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. People are stupid. Don't blame Cannabis for human stupidity.

7. If I'm eating a cheeseburger and driving, and because I took a bite shortly before crashing, did the cheeseburger cause me to die, or was it my irresponsiblility of eating the cheeseburger while driving?

Can a gun kill someone without the person? not at all. can't kill a soul without another human being. so is it the guns fault someone died, or is it the person who pulled the trigger at fault? you can't blame the substance or thing because someone else made a bad choice. perhaps you COULD say because of marijuana, it influenced your decision your decision making skills to that point that it could have caused it, but weed isn't known to do that, however, alcohol is.

8. It's not the pencil's fault for misspelling the words. It's not the car's fault that you got into an accident.

Another thing could be these people who have panic attacks and jump out their window on weed. That has happened but it wasn't blamed on the weed. He was mentally unstable anyways.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

• Like Like x 1
  9. But could you have written the word without the pencil? Would you have sat down and put yourself in the situation to begin writing down whatever it was you were that you misspelled? Would you have been traveling at 60mph before you smashed into that telephone pole?

Would that window have been there if you didn't rent the room on a manic episode?

This argument goes around and around. Not to blame the drug entirely for the outcome but to say It didn't have an effect is shortsighted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No, because if you get into an accident, there are a multitude of things that can be your cause of death, cardiac arrest, blunt force trauma, asphyxiation, hyper and/or hypothermia, etc...

11. It's obvious when to blame the object or the user. Sure it certain cases it doesn't apply but that doesn't mean the argument doesn't work for this. He asked if someone drove while high, that isn't the drug's fault, it's the user's.

How can you tell me this plant is not good for me?

12. Whoever smelt it dealt it, and whoever denied it supplied it. Same grasp of stupid behavior attributed here.
    :poop: