Death Cab For Cutie - Open Door EP[2009]

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MoonJuice, Apr 29, 2009.

1. #1 MoonJuice, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    "Such tunes may not have suited the bittersweet beauty of Stairs, but they're quite good in their own right, making The Open Door EP something more than a fans-only release." - All Music Guide

B-sides from the Narrow Stairs sessions.
    [​IMG]

Paste magazine wrote: "As the title suggests, The Open Door is full of fresh air, wide spaces and rollicking melodies--a welcome change from the tangled Big Sur woods and claustrophobia of
    'Narrow Stairs.'" and I couldn't agree more.

The sound on this album is a lot more joyous, highly reminiscent of the one DCFC built their name upon, the one fans have grown accustomed to rather than the one sported on NS. Despite familiarity, it's nothing but excellent.

I Was Once a Loyal Lover:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0F36a4i8s"]YouTube - Death Cab For Cutie - I Was Once a Loyal Lover[/ame]

2. I love deathcab, with a passion, truly some of the most impressive mordern musicains there are to be offered. I am very rarely if ever disappointed. Their music makes my heart get that "oh wow" kinda feeling haha..no homo.

3. i saw the and cold war kids and ra ra riot a few weeks ago in tulsa, oklahoma. an amazing show to say the least, and they played quite a few songs from narrow stairs and the open door EP. I am more of a fan of older death cab though.

4. Death Cab is fucking incredible.

5. I'll have to check this out. I too however, am more a fan of older Death Cab. We Have the Facts & We're Voting Yes, The Photo Album, and Something About Airplanes are all great (Facts being my favorite.)