Dear Mary

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by np7056, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I just wanted to post a letter I wrote to Mary Jane. After 7 years of smoking, I finally gave it up. If you can relate to my letter, I'd love to hear your thoughts!! Here is my letter below.

Dear Mary,
    Where do I begin… We’ve been together on and off now for seven years. For the past two and a half years, we’ve had several dates each day. We had a lot of fun. You showed me happiness, comfort, and stability. Never, have I ever been able to find someone so calming, or someone who keeps me so level-headed. You’ve been there for me through thick and thin. Every time I was feeling down on myself, you were there to pick me up. You made me feel high, yet kept me grounded, and not just grounded in one way. You kept me calm, but you also kept me from moving forward.
    It took me so long to realize that you’re a deceiver, Mary Jane. I don’t love you anymore. I haven’t loved you for almost two years now, and yet we still hungout every day like we were an inseparable couple. I’ve known for a while now that you’re not meant to be in my life. For some reason though, you’ve stuck to me like glue. Everywhere I went, you were there. I couldn’t eat, study, work, sleep, stay calm, or be happy without you. Even though I’ve known we are incompatible for a while now, I still ask myself every day; why am I keeping you around? Well, I finally figured it out.
    You didn’t make me do anything, I LET you. I LET you hold me back from achieving any of my goals. I LET you control my life. I LET you do something I would never let anyone else do by LETTING you make me your submissive. After struggling with trying to figure out why you were still in my life, the word “submissive” came to mind. I pondered on it for a bit, then realized that I was your bitch. You had full control over everything in my life. You tricked me, Mary, and I applaud you for that. Congratulations on keeping me from trying anything new, keeping me from hanging out with old friends who didn’t smoke, and for keeping me from making something of myself.
    I am a strong person, Mary. If you were truly my lover, then why didn’t you encourage me to do anything? Why didn’t you tell me I was strong? Why didn’t you leave when I wanted you too? If you truly love someone then you have to set them free, but you wouldn’t. You made me feel like I needed you. Well, today was my first day away from you, but it still feels like you’re here with me. We had fun, but it’s not all about fun. It’s supposed to be about acceptance, encouragement, and most of all honesty. You did none of these things, especially be honest with me. Silly me for thinking we were in some sort of relationship.
    Statistics show that one out of eleven people who smoke you become dependent on you. Well, I am that one out of eleven. I blamed you for lying to me, but what I should be doing is blaming you for something different; letting me be content with having no success in life. I can’t just blame you though, I have to blame myself as well. I wasn’t honest with myself when I was with you. Every time I tried to tell myself that I didn’t need you, I would just imagine you shining bright with your glowing crystals. I would smell you in the air and immediately find you where I stashed you. I am here to say that I won’t take it anymore. I quit. I’m breaking up with you, Mary.
    With all that said, I hope you really do make others happy. You truly are a gift to this earth and I thank you for all that you do to help people. However, you didn’t help me, and for that I must let you go. I enjoyed our time together, but it’s over now. So go ahead and find someone who truly does need you. You are special, and I know you’ll be just as happy without me as you were with me. I also know that I have the capability of being happier without you. These are my final words for you. Goodbye, Mary.

2. Lol... Welcome? Or are you leaving? :(.

3. Just joined. I'm not leaving. I totally support the great things weed can do for people. It's just too bad it didn't work out for me.