Dear Grasscity (story explained)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dankstin, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Happened to me when i took a bit to many mushrooms. Horrific awful panic attack. Easily the worst experience ive ever had. Havent taken shrooms since.

If the OP had the experience i had, i understand him.

2. Shit man. good decision to quit. Despite most peoples belief on here that all of medical science is BS, and weed is the utterly harmless, it has negative side effects, including things similar to what you are describing. Best of luck man!

3. Dear everyone who says I have a mental illness that may cause this - you are partially right. There is no history in my family of any serious neurological disease (schizophrenia, psychosis, etc.) so I ruled that out. But I have serious ADD/ADHD. I think this may be part of the cause, but I will explain the story outright.

I stopped smoking for 5 days. I wanted a tolerance break (which definitely worked) and I wanted to save money. I smoked 2 blunts of I think it was G-13. One of the blunts was laced with hash, which I've read on here of someone having a similar experience to mine, although not entirely the same. What I felt was somewhat unexplainable. Everything that was being said to me I was trying to focus on, but everything that was said triggered my mind to think of something related to it. That is the way my mind works though. When I see a car, I don't think of the car, I think of who drives it. But that's beside the point, my mind works in strange ways and that's all I'll say. Anyways, what I felt was that everything being said to me was triggering another thought in my head, and all those thoughts swirling together in my head were driving me crazy. I wanted to get up and run to the bathroom, I took my notebook and pen and almost began writing everything down in something like an attempt to get the thoughts out of my head. I don't think they were 'voices', but instead they were just too many thoughts in my head. It was a panic attack I think, triggered by a cleared system after a year of smoking and an intense 2 blunts. I think neurologically I'm alright, but Im still going to be taking an extended break from smoking.

4. You smoked way too much. Relax and take it slow next time, geez...

5. Typical panic attack haha you serious man?

6. This is spot on. You smoked two blunts of G-13 and one of them was smothered in hash oil. No wonder you greened out.

I've been smoking for years and that would knock me the hell out and send me for a loop.

7. Buddy just got way to high. Next time(if you decide to smoke again) just try taking a couple SMALL tokes from a pipe or bong, don't just sit down and dome 2 blunts like a retard.

8. taking a year off smoking, is crazy

I got locked up for a year and when I came out and was chillen with the same people

for a about a month I had to pass the blunt/bowl/bong with out even hitting it

because I would be so high.

And I'd get those stupid Newb side effects like anxiety and munchies and auditory Hallucinations

But trust me, after you smoke a few blunts, you'll be back in the swing of things

I've smoked pot for 8 years and when i took that year long t-break I was completely MIND FUCKED the first and second and third time that I smoked bud

9. If he's taking typical ADD meds, that's probably a contributing factor as well. Some of those are quite dangerous and can lead to all kinds of bad side effects, addiction being one of them.

10. I agree

11. its better that way, if you can't handle it then stay away

12. Hello guys I appreciate the helpful responses. I'm feeling a lot better about the whole experience and i guess it was just because I fucked up and smoked too much.

Also - I dont take ADD meds. I just have ADD and also have had anxiety since I was a young lad so those are definitely contributing factors.

Thanks again for the helpful responses, I just didnt know what I had just gone through and interpreted it as something much more serious I suppose.

13. Good to hear you got to a good understanding about it most people just stay freaked out.

14. Exactly. If you ever smoke again, I think a puff or two would be best. You shouldn't blame the Weed for a newb freak-out. Just sayin'. :D

15. I'm truly glad to read this, really. So many people just remain afraid and choose to not learn about the unknown.

Maybe you should invest in a small little steamroller. Nothing fancy, just a little $10 glass piece with a small bowl. That way you can control how much you smoke. Pack a snap, wait about 15 minutes and see how you feel.

16. Sounds like you just had way too much in one session, like chugging a fucking barrel of teh beers instead you mindfucked instead of shitting from both ends.

Just take it easy man, either way it's obviously your choice so more power to you.

17. Aniexty can lead to a panic attack that can lead to a psychotic episode. If you're young then it's happened to many

You're unable to cope with everyday life, Mentally you are not built.

Also i have heard rumors about numerous people testing research chems on that stuff they sell, which is understable because they all compete against each other.

I've smoked laced bud before many times, it's not cool, wide arrange of side effects, very weird to explain but you know there is something wrong with the high.

Laced bud is a common occurence, least where i am from, and there is no way to even tell how or what was put in it. Very dangerous infact for people to be doing such things, It's greed.

And most times too it's growers with absolutely no skill in growing it pure, it's contaminated

Go get some anti aniexty medication, trust me, it will help you.

You control the herb, the herb does not control you.

You can stay away from it, take a break, do whatever you wish.

If you want good bud then grow it yourself.

Sometimes people don't flush the bud correctly, Leaving traces of chems from the nutrients...which in fact can also cause problems

It seems the growers of today need to do some more homework.

Also one more thing, when you smoke you are suppose to be recreational with it, takes a few hits, wait, see where you go with it. Don't just smoke a huge amount all at once

I think you have no idea how to use the herb at all, which isn't good.

Anyway, do as you choose.

18. Ive had a panic attack once on weed that was soo bad all I could do was curl up and just go to sleep. what sucked was my hubby was having one too at the same time. so we both curled up and just soothed each other to sleep... it was cause by my sister comming over with out warning and trying to take us to a family thing, and chewing us out when we told her that a mutual friend had just been over, and smoked the holy crap out of us. we thought we would be ok because we would be at home and not having to deal with any one. but no here comes my scary older sister who i have mad respect for and she just reams us a new asshole. I still shudder when I think about it.

we took a break from smoking for a while to recover from the effects of the panick attack from hell. then when we did go back to smokeing we did it alot more responibly. never smoking more then what we can handle. even years after we are careful about the amount we smoke.

when I get my tiny monthly supply of herb, he gets his very own bowls so he can hit it on his own cause he is alot more susepitble to panic attacks. plus he has paranioia so if he gets too high he tends to trip out and it just sucks for him.

he never smokes more then 2 hits at a time. maybe with a span of 3hrs being between the seshs. and he has fun with it. plus he keeps his issues under control and dosnt have panic attack.

the point is dont smoke more then you can handle. even when your with friends. if they dont repect you enough to be cool with you passing the bowl when youve had enough then they truely are not your friends. and when you come off a T-break, take it easy. there isnt a race to smoke. :smoke:

19. Thanks guys I appreciate it - maybe I never thought of things in a different way because I was always stoned :p

But now that I've read from people with insight I've realized that thats why I haven't enjoyed smoking anymore - the people I smoke with like to smoke 3-4 blunts in one sitting. Apparently that's way too much for me and I guess I just never realized it. I'll definitely take it much easier now and smoke at my own pace.

Thanks again guys for all the help it's much appreciated