Deal's gap.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by TaylorAppleseed, Sep 20, 2010.

1. What's up everyone

Not really sure where this belongs but I guess this would be the most car/motorcycle related.

My question, anyone know about deal's gap? Have you been there or want to go?
    I've been racing there for about 2 years on and off and love it to death.
    I got a Honda s2000 CR and a Honda CBR 929rr

Discuss

2. If you take your car, please be careful. I've seen killboy's pictures and it seems alot of cars (more notably the Miatas) seem they cannot drive properly and become a meathook and cross the line in corners.

I've been there once on my YZF600r and enjoyed it quite nicely. It was back in 04. Good place to learn to take corners if you dont have access to a track. Just get your head on straight first because mistakes can be bad for yourself and others as well. Sure is an intense stretch of road to ride, but there are many 'rolling' hills and curves on Blue Ridge and Chernola I think it is. That whole area is incredible. The only place in the country I'd rather be than East Tennn in Cali.

3. Well said, very true. I know all the guys at killboy Darryl and Lori his wife. The only safe time is after dark. Since about 2005 the police were down there almost everyday making it impossible to enjoy the road. I have a large 12in HID light and two side lights attached to the bumper to make everything daylight.

4. I've been there. I recommend doing it during the week, it's rather busy on the weekends. A great road, and fun to ride, but up there, there are many roads equal if not better than the gap. Just remember to ride/drive within limits. When I was up there some guys bike rolled about 40-50 feet down the side of a cliff and was totalled. Luckily he didn't fall over the edge.

5. i go every other year for the annual rx7 meet i have a 93 rx7 modded to the hilt pretty much and a 07 gsxr 1000. i havent gone with the bike yet in fear of dumbasses killing me or anyone iam with but i will shred it up with the rx7.

6. #6 phantomxrider, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    I passed through it once on the "scenic" route back from Michigan to Georgia. My dad rides a Honda Shadow and loves it. I've always wanted to take my Miata up there (didn't own it at the time) but the Tennessee patrol is really heavy on fines and are posted on almsot every other corner. Not to mention the dumbass semi truck drivers who aren't supposed to take that route but think they can anyways....it's dangerous but hella fun.

Also, like posted above, Miata drivers would wind up wrecking because some folks get too confident in the car's handling (I know I have once). They can take the curves in their town so they decide to head to the Tail, where they're met with 300 something curves in 11 miles and it's a whole different scenario.

7. rotary swap into the miata would be a must do if i owned one lol but yeah ive seen more then i can remember bikes and cars going off the side of the hills and many more wreck in the switchbacks of the tail but if you take it easy and do a few slow runs then you can go through there on a bike and haul ass as long as the cops stay away for a little while

8. Yeah and I thought a bodykit was in order because I didn't like the stock look. Now I love it. I'll guarantee by the time you saved up for both the Miata and the rotary engine you'd have changed your mind.:cool: