Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with socail anxiety?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011.

1. #1 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Social*

Hi all. I was wondering if anybody here has bad social anxiety and how you guys or girls deal with it?

It doesn't matter where I am always anxious in any social setting. Especially school.

I missed three weeks of school already because of be to anxious to go.

I have already talked to my psychiatrist many times it just seems like nothing she prescribes helps with my anxiety.

All input is appreciated.

2. what are you anxious about? getting made fun of? bullied? girls?
    man the fuck up and get over it (not to be a dick)
    all that shit is a part of life bro poeple are gonna try to bring you down your whole life
    and if a friend is telling you everything you wanna hear, they aint your friend.
    if your scared of getting beat up, keep a roll of quaters on deck at all times, put that shit in your fist and put in work, even if you get beat up, you didnt pussy out, and probobly did some damage too. that should help your self image.
    scared of girls? be mysterious, not in a wierd emo way, and be a complete dick to them, girls love assholes
    go to school man and learn to love it...HS does not mean a fucking thing, down the road you will look back and realize how everyone in HS lives in a fuckin bubble that is irrelevant to the rest of society. your missin out on a lot of fun

the only thing i used to get anxoius about in HS was actually goin to class and doing the work...used to scare the shit outta me. AAHHHHHH!

and for the record, like 5-7 years ago nobody i knew thought they had anxiety...
    anxiety is the feeling of being anxious or NERVOUS, which is a human fuckin emotion...everybody gets anxious or nervous, that means your normal...take a few deep breaths and relax most of your anxiousness is coming from nobody but yourself.

anxiety is a fuckin exuse for all you pussies to pop fuckin pills all day and be a fuckin vegtable...NOT HEALTHY...

i have had way too many friends OD or get addicted to xanax or some other anti-depressant. these were happy healthy kids untill a fuckin shrink convinced them otherwise..now i cant even hang out with my boys without at least one of them saying, no we can't do this cant to that it gives me anxiety, my hands are shaking, i need my medicine or im gonna have a panic attack..MANN THE FUCK UP IT MAKES ME SICK!!! What would your ancestors think of you being so fuckin scared to leave your house??

3. wow...

4. #4 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Damn, maybe I should just quit taking all of my medications until I'm depressed and anxious enough to off myself.

Thanks for opening up my eyes.

Btw I go to community college not hs

5. Hey man, I used to get nervous (guess u could call it anxiety) when i first started college in a new state. THen my doc prescribed me to 90 1 mg xanax a month, and i got hooked on them so bad that i literally forgot who i used to be. I stopped loving to go outside, and stopped reading, and everything got 1000 times worse. Then this chick who moved into my dorm room had two seizures when we ran out, and I stopped cold turkey that day.

since then it's been a constant rebuilding process, and I now am overly concerned with how other people perceive me ( a problem I never used to have). We're only human, and we have such a little amount of time on this earth, so love every minute of it and do what makes you happy!

One love

6. While I agree with some of what you're saying, you honestly come off as an obnoxious prick using the internet to stroke his e-penis.

7. #7 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    I had the Xanax bars try didn't help at all.
    Now I'm on klonopin. It helps kind of.

I'm careful about my medicine because I've had problems with opiates in the past, to be safe I have my mom dispense them as needed so I don't try and get fucked up on them.

8. sorry i prob come off as a huge dick, i am just so disgusted with how my friends have turned out..a bunch of junkies that will stab anybody in the back for whatever reason, have no respect for themselves or others..

now im not saying you dont have problems, i have not walked one inch in your shoes, but then again you havent walked in mine either

honeslty i think you should really sit down and write down the things that make you anxious..go over them and i think you will find that you can change any one of them, nothing is set in stone..and i think you should stop blaming your "anxiety" and realize that these are natural feelings, everybody gets these feelings, just how far you go with them is up to you.

nobody can change how you feel except yourself. most people who claim they have anxiety about it just like the attention they get from it, neg or pos, they love it.

people have to realize how mentally weak we are training younger generations to be..
    there are always gonna be obsticles and if you let your "anxiety" control you, you will never overcome them, your are going to be a scared little bitch your whole life

Btw community college is HS all over again

9. how about bud does that help with it at all sometimes does for me if i smoke then the day after i dont have anxiety let me know OP or any1 else

10. #10 bcharley2010, Apr 6, 2011

i could care less how i come off, you come off as a fuckin pussy who is scared of his shadow

the fall of our civilzation is coming soon and nobodies gonna do a goddamn thing thanks to a bunch of fags who think they're chicks and pussies who are like tweak from south park

nothing against gays, fuck who you wanna, but if your a fuckin man who thinks your really a woman trapped in a mans body, go into the medicine cabinet and eat the pills.

this applies to everyone...men are the providers..what are you going to provide by stayin home being scared all day?

11. In all honesty if you want to get over it, I suggest taking vyvanse. It's basically adderall that lasts longer, doesn't hit you as hard, and has a lesser comedown. Don't abuse it though.

It makes you talk more and generally relaxes you around other people, but it does speed you up because it is a stimulant.

Or you can mentally get over it, which is harder. You have to have the idea in your head that you just don't care. You don't give a fuck what other people think, in the end we're all just animals on a rock in the universe. We all die, there is no 'meaning' to life, and once you recognize this you can begin to not give a fuck.

12. #12 Drybananna, Apr 6, 2011
    Anxiety is all in the head, in my opinion. Therefore, I strongly believe medicine can't solve it. I have terrible, terrible anxiety and have had it for years; panic attacks and everything. The only thing that really helped me was a psychologist. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) was a big part in helping my anxiety, so I would talk to one [a psychologist] about that. I still sort of have anxiety, but not NEARLY as bad as I used to.

Basically being able to rationalize things and re-teach your brain, along with coping skills and numerous other techniques. The medicine the psychiatrist prescribed ended up being more harm than good, so the best thing I can tell you is to go to a psychologist.

If you ever need to talk, Im also here. ;)
    Been through it all, man, trust me.

You come off as an ignorant individual that knows nothing about the OP nor anxiety disorder. Good job, not that you care.

13. #13 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    I don't use it to get attention. The only people that I have actually talked about it with is my doctor and mother.

14. #14 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    I am already on Adderall 30 mg instant release.

Does it make you not have an appetite like Adderall?

15. I have had the same problems. I used ativan, xanax, klonipin.... on top of a whole list of anti-depressant's. They seemed to cloud my mind. They even eventually became a problem.

I just honestly quict taking them all together, which lead to withdraw symptoms. I also go to community college, and the best thing was just getting out in the world and live on my own.

I also toke before class.
    Best way for me to relax from the anxiety is a bowl of goodies :)

16. You make a lot of valid points, but the way you conveyed your thoughts made the op not even want to take it to heart.

Yes op, you do just need to get over it. You're better off learning to cope yourself than using some pill to do it. I was put on an anti-deppressant, but I realized my problems were coming from myself, so I quit cold turkey.

Find the root of the problem. You could be nervous about speaking in front of people, meeting people outside your social circle, or worried about making new friends. You need to figure it out.

Once you have the problem figured out, do exactly what it is that makes you scared. Enough practice at it, and you'll eventually just get over it. You have to realize that it doesn't matter what others think. They're in the same position as you.

17. out of all what i said the only thing you took in was the attention part? i was not implying YOU, i meant from who i know..

18. #18 KingFurgalur, Apr 6, 2011
    That is really the only thug that completely makes me feel normal is a bowl of bomb. When I toke It's just like, why the fuck do I even trip about people?

But don't have enough to toke everyday before school, usually wait till after.

For about a month i was taking edibles before school, and it really helped.
    But I had to stop cause I was having my dad get them for me at the dispensary and I just couldn't afford that if I wanted to blaze.

19. Can I delete this thread from my phone or can we get a moderator in here to do it PLEASE.

20. you sound like a little bitch....telling people to man up on the internet.....LOL