Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing with friends

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Drool, Jun 22, 2012.

1. The other day I invited some friends over, and my brother invited another friend who is also a good friend of mine.

We were planning on smoking weed, so we did. But the friend my brother invited is against weed, alcohol, and all of that. (My brother didn't know we were going to smoke, he had gone to a dinner and I expected him to arrive later, after we had smoked.).

Now, I'm all fine with people not wanting to drink or smoke, but I hate being judged! Especially when the people judging me have no idea what they're talking about. This friend that my brother invited stayed in the room on the computer with my brother, and then we were kind of high and went into the room, and he just looked so upset! Like we were ruining or lives.

Honestly I wish he would've said anything so I could explain it to him but he just stayed silent and throwing judgemental looks at us.

I'm still his friend but seriously, a real friend won't judge you like that, if they think you're doing a mistake they'll talk to you, not judge in silence.

And obviously if I'm going to invite friends over to party a little guess who's not being invited. :(

I know what I'm doing, my grades are above average, I play sports, I'm a healthy, smart guy. I wish he had more trust in me, but oh well.

/rant over

Has any of you been in the same situation? How did you deal with it?

2. That sucks, man. I have a few friends who don't smoke, but they don't mind if I smoke around them. They even make jokes about it :p "Dude, are you smoking that pot stuff!? That gives you cancer and puts holes in yer brain dooooood. better watch out!" haha

3. Just love how people always tell about their own life, instead of helping.

@OP

I'd say you sit down and educate him / learn to live with it / ditch him as a friend.

4. Not really cause the average people doesn't have any interesting qualities, I don't have any friends so I smoke alone.

5. lol my best freind dont smoke but hes cool he dosent even drink

6. You're totally right.

And yeah, I was thinking of talking to him about it instead of avoiding the "elephant in the room".

Like I said, I'm ok with people not smoking/drinking, just hate judgement.

7. Luckily I've never had a friend who has disagreed with my smoking. Obviously some don't smoke but they respect the fact that its my choice.
    If i was in your situation I'd just pull him aside next time he shows disgust/discomfort when the subject is brought up - just try not to be agressive :)

8. it's called a forum...

9. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.