Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealing With Asthma and Smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ZOOM3, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I don't know if aynone else has this problem here but I have asthma and I like to smoke. Sometimes I can feel my asthma creeping up on me when I'm smoking even to the point where it's harder to take a hit because of it. I have an inhaler but don't feel very good about using it all the time. Maybe I should just smoke less, take more breaks, or cut it out completley, what do you guys suggest?

2. ok well dude having asthma and smokeing isnt such a big deal alot of my friends have asthma and still smoke in fact smokeing marijuana actually can help your asthma, you know how you cough while or after smokeing marijuana yea that actually helps becuase those "hacks" open up your airway so if i have any advice for you man its to smoke more and cough more also how long have you been smokeing for? but yea hope that helps but ya know im not a doctor.

Peace.

3. Been smoking for just a couple months, i'm not too worried about it but thanks for the advice.

4. Well, I have asthma that I've had since I was 5, and I've been smoking since 14, I'm now 18.. I never had any asthmatic issues until I started smoking ciggs and pot... then i noticed my "Monster fat boy rips" getting harder to take.. so today is day 2 of not smoking ciggs.. and I must say.. I feel good about myself..

5. I feel that, I've been off cigs for a while but I just started noticing the same way you did because I couldn't take those huge hits anymore.

6. ive had asthma all my life
    i was really bad when i was first born and coulve died
    but ive been smoking for quite sometime now and its not a problem
    your inhaler is most likely a bronchil dialater, witch means it stops the inflaming of your bronchile tubes witch is what asthma does
    thc is also a bronchile dialater but burning any plant isnt that good for your lungs so thats why sometimes when you msoke your lungs feel more open, is cuz of the thc
    tabaccoo does the exact opposite
    i smoke both butt i htink i cancell out any damage to my lungs becaus e i have also been swimming for 11 year (for my asthma) so my lungs are in tip top shape

happy tokin!
    -jon

7. i have had asthma for my whole life. and for some reason if im having a small asthma attack. like where if im quite i can hear myself weezing a little. and if i smoke it will compeltly clear it up. and help my asthma. but when i skate and everything else even just sitting around ill get asthma attacks.

but if this helps my inhaler is from Walgreens its a bronchial mist. if i take one puff it will clear it up in 5 seconds no joke. i just carry that around everywhere.

8. he is exectly right because weed should help your lungs open up but cigarettes are SOOO bad for your lungs i have to stop smoking cigarettes because my asthma gets so bad when i do so i only smoke weed now

9. you could allways like use a Hot Knife..
    cuz its still smoke u just inhail throught ur nouse
    =-)

10. I had Asthma when i was younger and it was quite bad (in and out of hospital). Ive never smoked Cigs at all my entire life but have been a regular smoker for over 4 years now. I went to the docs for an asthma check up and they done all the tests to see how my lungs were.

I told the doc i smoked MJ but not Cigs before the test. Imagine my delight when she told me i had the lungs of a 20 year old (and im 26) :D

11. Studies have shown that since the time when stringent smoking bans came into effect in the US, the number of emergency room asthma patients reporting to hospitals have decreased considerably. This study was conducted by the University of Kentucky and the results are after Lexington banned smoking in the public places. http://www.chantixhome.com

12. ive had asthma for a little more than half my life at 19, and after i started smokin i havent really had an asthma attack or needed an inhaler, actually i havent been sick as much, and i used to get sick alot

i mean i still get sick,but its nothing unbearable, or maybe im just too high to acknowledge that im sick but whatever..

TAKE IT EASY ON BLUNTS AS TOBACCO HAS NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON THE LUNGS THAT CAN WORSEN SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA, BUT BY ALL MEANS, KEEP SMOKING!

13. I have asthma as well. I noticed if I am smoking joints or blunts, i start wheezing pretty bad after a couple hits.
    Smoking out of a water bong or a vaporizer dramatically reduces the side effects. I dont get wheezy, and rarely do I get an attack while using one of these.

Any kind of smoke in general is bad for your lungs. Thats why smoking out of a water bong will reduce your wheezing, because it filters out most impurities that can agitate your bronchial tubes. Smoking a vaporizer will eliminate the smoke factor so you and your lungs can breathe easier, since your puffing on vapor instead of harmful toxic smoke.

14. i have asthma. been smoking for a while. i have found that weed helps my asthma. i can run without getting out of breath for what seems like forever. i can breathe much easier. never any problems even with harsh smoke. beats the fuck outta my nasty ass tasting inhaler

15. Get a vape-problem solved...

16. ^^Yeah seriously.
    I'm no doctor either Xiomar but I can tell you that smoking weed with asthma cant be a "good" thing.
    One of my ex-g/f's took a huge rip of sour d mixed with a nice crumble of iso hash had a full on attack and puked on the ground.
    I myself do not have asthma so am not too familiar with it.
    I need to buy a vape myself though, just a healthier route to go.

17. that doesnt work dude, all it does is make ur asthma worster. smoke weed daily and u will have no problems with asthma :smoke:

18. Yeah dude I too have gnarly asthma and I love smoking. Basically, I bought a vape and it helps a lot, and they do get pricy but no more than your a bong. But you have to be consistently vaping, smoking other pieces every like 3-4 days, and vaping in between you should be fine. Also, no cigs. Also, edibles are obviously an option and fun to make. Also, read about 'mouth smoking' with joints and pipes where you smoke without inhaling in the lungs and just letting the THC absorb in your mouth. But other than that, we asthmatics are not natural smokers, so you gotta find your way man.

19. this.

20. I dont suggest mouth smoking unless you want to have to keep your mouth closed when smiling at the ladys.