Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deadly OTC

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tuxx, Feb 6, 2012.

1. It just amazes me still how weed is illegal in the US despite the countless number of over the counter crap that can easily kill you..

What a fucked up place..

2. Fuck man i cant believe none of us have ever thought of this before or made thousands of threads!

3. That's harsh. I agree with you op it is fucked up

4. That's harsh man. I agree op it's really fucked up

5. Well, that's the point, isn't it? The number one reason weed is still illegal is to protect the pharmaceutical industry's profits...

6. Correct. You simply can't make the same amount of profits marketing cannabis as you can marketing pharmaceuticals. unfortunately

7. The reason weed became illegal was paper manufacturing the paper corps shut down hemp so they had no competition

8. what has pharmaceutical sales been like in california since the weed craze started???
    from public stores and pharmacys both. id love to know haha

9. This. The fact that something can kill you or not really has no bearing on its legality.

10. yeah but that is assuming that people will just switch to weed when its alot cheaper to just buy OTC medicine. There are alot of people who wont use it based on a number of different reasons.

11. #11 RamAbballah, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    Big pharma isn't opposed to cannabis because they are worried about the competition, but because it is a plant which cannot be patented, can be grown yourself, and because their efforts at synthesizing cannabis which could be patented haven't been as effective. It's about control. I doubt pharmaceutical companies have had any measurable loss that can attributed to medical cannabis use in any concrete way.

12. QFT. It's about the money and who's making it. That's always the answer... to everything, it seems.

13. I find it weird that use use America as example, when it's the only place in the world that has dispensaries where you can buy weed.

14. And all of which leads to government propaganda so you will buy pharmeceutical products to kill yourself instead.This way the gov. makes $$$$ of your death.

15. We live in a country where our government is trying harder and harder to protect us from ourselves.

Its almost as like were starting to shelter everyone from the realities and lessons in life. People need to freely make their own choices....It shouldn't be necessary to write on a cup of coffee caution contents may be hot. in order to stop some twat form suing you.

Or we could thank money, the root of ALL evil in this world.

Am I really this high, hope I made sense

16. Hoped my highdea sounds ok, buy I think here in the u.s. We just tend to see everyone on the web or.who.we interact with is American, especially since here there's no accents really since its all text. say in a European.country, where many small countries make up a continent vs the us, ( large country and land area)

I think were less accustomed to interaction of citizens of other countries, generally speaking of course. So he probably just assumed whomever he was referring to.was from the u.s. Maybe?