dead?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by atvrdr, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ok so i started growing and right when my last plants first leaves showed my bulb fell on it and burned the plant. now i started with 2 new seeds but when they were germinating it took maybe 2 days longer and the little stem never got that big. It took about a day and a half for me to get soil and the only kind i could find was mircle grow. I have no patience so i always gently remove the dirt til i see the seed but the seeds were the same and looked the same since i put them in 2 and a half days ago. With my other plant it took about 2-3 days and when i removed some of the dirt to check on it i could see the little leaves coming up.
    the NPK in the soil is .21-.07-.14

1) are the 2 seedlings dead?

2) did i leave the seeds to long germinating when i saw the white stem because i could not get soil at the time?

3) did the NPK ratio kill the seedlings?

4) is there still a chance or am i just being unpatient and rushing things?

2. hell yes! ;)

How did you germinate them? ..sounds like you germinated them first then put them in the soil

There probably isn't much chance of them growing now, better to start again now you've learnt so much about what not to do.

Are you using a heat pad to provide bottom heat? ..it makes a big difference.
    How wet are you keeping the soil? ..if you're impatient it's easy to overwater the soil.
    Don't keep uncovering the seeds.
    Try to find a better soil.

GL man, I'm sure other people here will give you better tips than me.

3. yes i germinated them first i wasnt using a heat pad but i put it on top of something warm (using the ziplock bag with papertowel method). the soil actually wasnt that wet just really really loose and light is it suppose to be like this or is it suppose to be compact?
    yea i better stop uncovering the seeds also will it make a big differnce if the pots with the seeds and soil in it are in a really warm place? will this soil do or should i definitly get some new soil?

thx for the reply

4. imho germinating is just a pain. i would recommend cutting that soil with like 1/4 perlite so the seedlings aren't overwhelmed with nutrients, or just find a soil with no added nutrients. then i would fill a party cup with that soil and plant a seed pointy end down about 3/4", give a decent watering with a spray bottle, and begin waiting! no fussing around with germinated seedlings, just planting a seed and waiting for the magic to happen. i usually get sprouts in under a week. :smoking: