Dead Spots On Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by northroad, May 30, 2013.

1. #1 northroad, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    What type of medium; Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Homemade Pre-ferted organic mix, followed recipe from the organic forums here
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Northern Lights
    How old are the plants?  4 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 100w cfl per plant
    How far from the lights? 3 inch
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? 5 days, City water, roughly ph'd with strips
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 86-88F max, 40%
    What size pots? 5gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. Yes, tiny mite looking things. Started spraying neem two weeks ago and they've gone away. Only saw them on soil and never on the leaves... I looked,  a lot. Spotting has continued after bugs vanished. Sprayed neem at beginning of night cycle
    Any other pertinent info? First grow

I don't think I can lower temps without reducing wattage. Cab temp is about 10 over ambient

IMG_2581.JPG IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG IMG_2584.JPG

2. First off, thanks for taking the time to fill out the above form. It does help quite a bit. Two things you left off that would help quite a but, ph run off and NPK values.
    Your problems are pretty minuscule at the moment. The biggest problem I see is the the pre-fertilized soil. Personally, I'd transplant ASAP. Pre-fertilized soil can run too hot and cause nute burn, which appears to be happening picture 3.
    It also looks as though you may have "over sprayed" your neem oil. ( it didn't evaporate/absorb before lights came back on) this can cause burning of your plant, which could possibly be what's causing the symptoms in pic 3. In pic1 is where I see the neem burn I'm used to, but that's not to say it couldn't be worse on the edges of leaves where the leaf is thinner.
    I think your okay, but if it worsens, I'd consider a transplant or flush.

3. #3 northroad, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    Thanks, I went pre-ferted because plenty of people in the organic section seem to have success with it, and obviously it's easy mode growing. I let the soil 'cook' for three weeks before planting, which I read is to prevent burn and develop the soil life I guess. I think you're right about the neem burn on pic 1, it was dripping off those leaves when I apply it. I'll use less on the next treatment.

4. #4 ndavisenterprise, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013