Dead Seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bud_n_Beer, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Can seeds just die? I've been putting off planting these for almost 6 months untill I moved to my new appartment, but I don't want to waste my time if they're dead. I plan on starting them in a couple days, so if someone could get back to me asap, i'd appriciate it.

2. Put them in a cup of water for a few days, I cant remember which way around it depends if they sink or not, do a search for it....

3. floating seeds are bad
    not all bad seeds float but all good seeds sink.

4. will it take a number of days for the seeds to sink?

if so, how will this affect germination? could I take the seeds from the bottom of the cup and go straight to moist paper towels?

5. Yeah, thats what most people do.

6. most drop straght away.
    bad seeds that float if left in the water will soak up the water, lose boyancy and sink.
    give it an hour tops.

yes. once the seeds hit water the germenation starts.
    slow at first but it starts.
    do not dunk your seeds untill you are ready to germ them either on paper towels or by leaving them in the glass of water.
    if you deside to germ in water then shake the water well before you drop the seeds.
    this will put air into the water. important!
    keep a drinks straw handy and every few hours blow bubbles into the water without rattling the seeds.
    as soon as they split plant them.
    check them every few hours.

7. Thanks guys, VERY helpful!

8. poppy seeds that are over 400 years old have grown on there own when they was dreged up from a river bed.
    seeds found in a piramid have been grown.
    so have seeds found in roman tombs and the guts of iron or bronze age man, not sure if it was iron or bronze.
    new seeds are the best by miles though!