Dead leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kkyle1227, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Hey all. I posted about this the other day.. Figured I had a solution. But I don't.
    I'll wake up each day and check my plants... And it never fails, I find leaves like this that appear over night. The stem is like a noodle and the leaf is totally shriveled up. Any ideas?? Ive looked everywhere for an answer. This is lower leaves only and the new growth looks good.

Straight Coco
    Ph 5.5-5.8
    is not strain dependent as all my plants have it.
    Temp is 77
    RH is 40-45

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H918 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That's caused by over watering, a lack of cal-mag and poor roots aeration .. do you use perlite and/or vermiculite.. do u add Seaweed extract to strengthen roots and how often do you feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think it's over water..i let them get pretty dry. I didnt amend with anything.. It's just straight Coco. I add seaweed once a week and I'm feeding probably three times a week now. Basically every other day..

4. Then the only possibility is an over-abundance of Nitrogen, Calcium and magnesium toxifying the lower growths. Try cut back on nutes go by this general rule 1ppm = 1watt of light.. under a 600w have 600-700ppm = 1.2/1.3EC .. usually half dose feeds will suffice and cut back on the Seaweed a touch as it's heavy in N and should be stopped by week 3 or so of flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your dog pissed on it? I mean the way he is lookin at it in the pic.......

• Like Like x 1
  6. I feed now at 1.6. About 3ml of Cal mag per gallon. I've got yellowing on some leaves from the middle out... Maybe I have an overload of something. Iron? Or a phosphorus deficiency? My nutes are pretty mild. I have three 1000 watt bulbs up.. I never hit 3000 ppm though..

7. Haha yeah. She's not allowee with anywhere near my grow. Ever lol.