Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

DEA to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Synbee1014, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Have you guys been keeping up with the news regarding this!!! This would be wonderful news and one step closer to eventually being legal on a federal level. So awesome!!! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well I live in Canada but that's good to hear!

3. Take it off the schedule completely. Treat it like tomatoes.

• Like Like x 9
  4. #4 zmessengerz, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

• Like Like x 3
  5. I don't give a damn about the children, they are not my problem. I am not the world's parents. Take care of yourself. If I want a yard full of tomatoes that is my business. I keep a fence around my property. Cross that fence that is trespassing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 zmessengerz, Apr 12, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  7. My understanding is, that the DEA receives large sums of money to enforce drug laws.

If cannabis is removed, they are forced to cut down their income. I do not see this happening...

I'll bet that they'll say something like 'we still need more time to decide blah blah blah'. Or 'we like our jobs and pay'.

• Like Like x 5
  8. #8 zmessengerz, Apr 12, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  9. /thread fr

10. America yes, working people, no.

The DEA and it's employees would probably rather protect their salaries and job security than to have a bunch of stoners be able to smoke their pot.

• Like Like x 2
  11. This guy's the truth. The dea don't care about our debt. They care about their debt.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. #12 zmessengerz, Apr 12, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  13. From what I've read, the DEA started looking at rescheduling marijuana in 2014. Like most agencies in the gov't, they don't study something for a month and move on. Although I suspect they've been sitting on their study for some time, because it's an election year, coupled with pressure from lawmakers, they may finally be ready to decide.

As most people I'm crossing my fingers that they do reschedule weed. That being said, it might be more of a political move to reschedule weed. Plus it would actually free up resources for more urgent enforcement and interdiction of harder drugs like Meth, Heroin, Cocaine, and synthetic drugs of all types.

Mexican drug cartels are fast switching to heroin as their drug of choice, since the price of weed has been driven down so much in the last few years.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cannabis is easy money.
    Busting meth labs is hard, grow ops is fun!

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 zmessengerz, Apr 12, 2016

16. I'll believe it when I see it. DEA isn't going to reclassify shit. That would be like working themselves out of a job. There are too many jobs and too much budget money tied into criminalized cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  17. And the IRS is making taxes optional.

18. Did you get that attitude from your parents?

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app