DEA- Legally, Seeds = Hemp!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Apr 7, 2022.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    Now that's a surprise! Seems that seeds have almost zero THC. So if you clean your seeds of all particles of leaves and buds, they will be legal as church on Sunday! :eek2:

DEA Says Marijuana Seeds Are Considered Legal Hemp As Long As They Don’t Exceed THC Limit
    DEA Says Marijuana Seeds Are Considered Legal Hemp As Long As They Don’t Exceed THC Limit

Marijuana might be federally prohibited, but the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has effectively acknowledged that the plant’s seeds are generally uncontrolled and legal, regardless of how much THC might end up being produced in buds if those seeds were cultivated.

DEA recently carried out a review of federal statute and implementing regulations in response to an inquiry from attorney Shane Pennington regarding the legality of cannabis seeds, tissue culture and “other genetic material” containing no more than 0.3 percent THC.

The agency affirmed that while it used to be the case that marijuana seeds were controlled—full stop—that’s no longer the case because of the federal legalization of hemp, as Pennington discussed in an edition of his On Drugs newsletter on Substack on Monday.

Following the enactment of the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp has been excluded from the Controlled Substances Act’s (CSA) definition of marijuana, making it so all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L. are uncontrolled as long as they don’t exceed 0.3 percent THC.

“Accordingly, marihuana seed that has a delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis meets the definition of ‘hemp’ and thus is not controlled under the CSA,” Terrence L. Boos, chief of DEA”s Drug & Chemical Evaluation Section wrote in the letter, dated January 6. “Conversely, marihuana seed having a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis is controlled in schedule I under the CSA as marihuana.”

Because both hemp and marijuana seeds generally contain nominal THC levels that wouldn’t exceed the legal threshold, DEA is essentially conceding that people can have cannabis seeds no matter how much THC the resulting plant might produce, as long as the seeds themselves contain less than 0.3 percent delta-9 THC. Of course, it continues to be federally illegal to use any cannabis seeds with the intent of growing still-prohibited marijuana. (snipped)

Granny

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Now that's going to make a lot of people happy! Thank you young lady!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Came here to “make sure” this was posted amazing news if i do say

Sent from see through door in another dimension

• Like Like x 1
  4. If true, that would mean seed prices should plummet after a few years.. we'll see

• Like Like x 2
  5. Quote "
    “Accordingly, marihuana seed that has a delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis meets the definition of ‘hemp’ and thus is not controlled under the CSA,” Terrence L. Boos, chief of DEA”s Drug & Chemical Evaluation Section wrote in the letter, dated January 6. “Conversely, marihuana seed having a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis is controlled in schedule I under the CSA as marihuana.”unquote
    cannabis plant ! seeds are cannabis plant seeds ... LOL to these psychopaths making up this shit as they go along to suit their " arrest them all " mentality . cannot even use botany when trying to make sense of this Shit , more like political Botany

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. What I am wondering about is the way that hemp/ CBD products can be found in gas stations, grocery stores and pharmacies, etc. If cannabis seeds are hemp, will we soon be seeing seeds for sale wherever we find hemp/CBD products sold? Those seeds ARE just legal "hemp", after all! :rolleyes:

If seeds begin to be sold at gas stations, etc., there will be no stopping legalization this time! (But write to your politicians telling them to look at the polls- their bosses, the VOTERS, demand legal cannabis. It is long over due for our politicians to get their heads out of the 1930s and legalize cannabis!):GettingStoned:

Granny

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. It is true, I have been saying this for a couple years. And seed prices havent been effected in any way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I’m not gonna see “collectors item” on my bank card bills anymore?

• Funny Funny x 2