De Ja vu = Ancestors memory?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by KushCaptain, Aug 25, 2012.

1. We all know the feeling De ja vu. "Hey dude ive been here before"
    What if de ja vu is really just our ancestors memory that we have inherited?
    You can inherit looks, diseases and loads of other things. So why not memory and thoughts on certain subjects?
    --
    Related to this ^
    Maybe we are who we are because of our early ancestors? Omg tripping out now..
    :bongin:
    Thoughts on this guys?

2. no bro, because i'v had de ja vu with people that my ancestors would have no idea who they were

3. What about going somewhere new?

4. Yea i have had deja vu in random places that i dont't think my ancestors have ever been to. Deja vu is probably just an, idk what it is but its trippy as fuck..

5. your great great great ancestors?

6. Woah that's awesome

7. Nah man it's not remembering something your ancestors did. You haven't got any ancestors. You're remembering stuff you've already done before in the circle of life.

You're born, your grow, you smoke weed, you die, you get born again. Ad infinitum

8. Im not trying to be eminem here, but I am my mum?

9. #9 Helikaon, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    Kinda. Half of you is. Body-wise at least. But you're you. I dunno man I'm baked.

10. Im not half female.. haha

11. #11 Chilltet, Aug 27, 2012
    your moms your mom...you're you. :smoke:

but on the De Ja Vu thing...it doesn't happen very often with me. I think maybe its not so much where you are or what you are doing that triggers it, but your emotions at the time. Maybe inadvertly we psychologically trigger a powerful emotion linked to a memory of an event, but instead of linking it to that event, its linked to your current situation/location.
    Or maybe its just a bunch of chemicals n shit released in your body. beats me

12. Actually they say its a misfire in our brain that sends the msg twice. Ok thats " there" theory. Me parallel universe which every option we face we actually do. I.e make a right or left turn. U go right BUT u also go left too.

13. #13 TinTizzy, Aug 27, 2012
    Yea I think everything that could happen already has in an infinite amount of parallel universes so déjà vu is just you sensing a version of you that's already experienced that..same with thinking of something the same time as someone else or thinking something and then they say it on the radio or tv..a version of you heard that maybe minutes before you did and it popped in your head

14. Well going in line with Nietche's view on the eternal reccurence, I'd say deja vu is remembering one of the infinite exact same lifetimes you lived before this one.

I think science says it's where chemicals go all weird and transfers data to your memory bank before your experience bank or something like that I'm too high to remember.

15. Ive often thought that, a parallel universe. That every decision we make in this world, we make a different one there. hmm

16. A lot of VERY HIGH people in this thread.

17. [quote name='"StraiT100"']Yea i have had deja vu in random places that i dont't think my ancestors have ever been to. Deja vu is probably just an, idk what it is but its trippy as fuck..[/quote]

How do you know if your ancestors have been there?

18. I think the fact that when I read that I giggled in a high pitched way kinda proves that..

Dunno if that makes sense.. I smoke weed.

19. Deja vu= you do something youv'e done in a parallel universe.

20. There's a glitch in the matrix