Daylight Savings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LBH, Mar 14, 2010.

1. I'm just going to let the lights come on an hour earlier and go off an hour earlier.

Some people split the difference,....1/2 an hour today, 1/2 an hour tomorrow,....what do you generally do??

2. this is my first time, but I was just going to leave them alone.

3. Definitely the best option if possible but , like me, I'm sure lots of folks have those times set for a reason. My lunch break at work (7 minutes away) is from 6:45am-7:45am so I have them set to come on at 7 so I can be there when it happens.

I don't HAVE to be there,...I just like to greet them when they wake up :D

For those who will be manipulating schedules today, are there any suggestions from some of our senior growers?

Is it bad to jump the whole hour at once?

4. you should move to az or mt, they dont have to worry about it there. lol

5. I'm keeping mine the same, and not switching anything up, but if I were to switch it up I would make the change after the dark period. If I have to take a day where they only get 11 hours of light... so be it. The plant responds to the dark cycle, not the light.

In nature the dark cycle is constant, the light cycle can change because of a number of reasons. You lose an hour of grow time, but you should avoid any problems.

6. I too got messed up with the time change lol. They got a extra hour of light so 19/5, I am just going to continue on my schedule 18/6 I don't think the extra hour will hurt them as they are in veg anyways. Luckily I was up when the time changed though and caught it whew :eek: