Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Day long hangovers after a tolerance break

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deltarok, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Hey guys I'm hoping to get some advice with a problem I'm having. I'm nearly 40 years old and have been a daily smoker for most of my adult life. Never had any problems with weed other than loving it too much. Last year I got the Pax 2 vaporizer and started vaping. It was a little weird getting used to at first but I quickly grew to love it. This spring I had to do a drug test so I stopped using for 40 days. I passed the test and resumed vaping about a month ago. Here's my problem. I get horrible weed hangovers now. I'm not talking about feeling a little foggy just in the morning. I'm talking about feeling pretty lousy - not nauseous at all but it could be described as a dizziness and tiredness - for the ENTIRE DAY after smoking. I really don't vape that much - a few hits at night from the pax is what I'm talking about here. I used to be able to vape or smoke multiple bowls until about 12:00 or 12:30 am and wake up at 6/6:30 am for work and be fine for the day. Because of this terrible hangover feeling now I've tried vaping even less and have tried not vaping right before going to sleep. Last night, for example, I vaped a little bit around 10:30 and then went to sleep at 11:30 and slept until nearly 8:00am and I'm still feeling this hangover feeling I'm talking about. I'm experiencing it mostly with the girl scout cookies strain that I have now but it has happened with one other strain too (not sure the name of that one). Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? Again - I'm not vaping much, I'm pretty sure I'm sleeping enough, and I feel absolutely terrible ALL DAY the next day. And this never happened to me in about 20 years of daily smoking and only started when resuming after my 40 day detox. It's like my ability to metabolize weed changed during the detox. Help!

2. It's not the weed

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would love you to be right but I'm pretty sure it is.

4. Sometimes you have to just go to the doctors man. I'm pretty sure it's not the weed. I grow for cancer patients. I doubt your more nauseous.

5. Anyone else?

6. If you feel you can't metabolize weed as much since you started back up. Smoke more weed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you feel you can't metabolize weed as much since you started back up. Smoke more weed.

8. I'm going to try going back to smoking just to check if it's the vaporizer. Two nights ago I didn't vape and felt fine the next day. Last night a vaped just a few hits out of the pax around 10 and went to sleep feeling fine at 11:30 and I've had this ill feeling again today. It's only after a nights sleep! If I vape during the day I feel fine for the rest of the day. Keep in mind I've been a daily smoker for TWENTY YEARS! I've never had a problem before and this really is a sudden onset thing. Another weird detail here is that I have had this sensation in the past but only when mixing weed and adderall of vyvanse. I stopped using those stimulants completely because of that next day feeling. But now I'm getting the feeling again suddenly just with weed. Man....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. And it's not a nauseous feeling really. It's more of a dizzy, tired, unbalanced feeling

10. Are you drinking enough water? I've been having similar issues but have never used a vape device.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Are you on any other meds? Anti-depressants etc? Maybe it's dehydration or just fatigue. Contrary to popular belief, cannabis reduces the quality of your sleep.

12. This is old but if you are still around I have a few questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Last activity was almost 5 yrs ago for him

14. Correlation isn't causation, dude. Weird to have an adverse reaction tho. Could be route of ingestion, inability to metabolize certain additives or breaking down multiple substances. Regardless hope you stay well & maybe don't vape? Try just flower? Edibles?

15. What u smoking bro?

16. Specifically what u put in that Pax?