Day 5.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Piano Man, Dec 15, 2018.

1. You have those rapid rooters too wet - they shouldn't sit in water in my opinion. You'll run the risk of damping off. I plant mine in the medium as soon as they sprout so the taproot grows directly into the medium. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. So I should replace the rapid rooter

Sent from my moto e5 play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You can't replace them - the roots are already growing in them. Why not plant them in the medium you plan on using?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Set them on a paper towel in the sun for a few hours outside to let the sack dry up a bit. Then just water then the top of the soil becomes dry.

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night -Jerry Garcia

5. They look good bro, but yes there too wet man can't have them sitting in water.

What I do to germinate is I throw the seeds in a shot glass with a cup over the glass for darkness next day or two tap root comes out. Put in paper towel and baggie day or two in that for a nice root then I put it in a rapid rooter....really once it sprouts a tap you can put it in the rooter i do that too.. I have a cheap little flower tray and spots for the rooters to go in...I throw a light over them and pour water on the rooters not a bunch just until there wet. I do that every other day...they will come up nice and easy..remove any standing water that is in that tray too...

Once they sprout a root out the bottom I throw them in a cup of dirt or coco and feed water and or low low nutes....also feeding a pit high in phosphorus will give your little seedlings a boost. In root production and growth overall.

MPM

6. Looking good. You just need to make sure to empty the drip tray or in your case drip cup. The medium is too wet because it's not able to drain off the excess. Empty the drip cup, let the rest of the excess water drain out of the medium and then empty the drip cup again.. you never want to leave a lot of water in the drip tray.

I always leave the water in my drip tray but that's because I know exactly how much water to feed and get little to no runoff. The little bit I get is safe to leave but it's only a couple ounces of water under a 5 gallon pot, no biggie... you have more runoff than you have soil..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks

8. you can replace it. I washed my whole plant off the soil bigger than that in my hands and replanted and none of the three died.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The OP is not in soil - his sprouts are in rapid rooters - you can't remove the plant from rapid rooters once they sprout and the roots have grown into it without killing it. Besides, what would be the point? All he has to do is plant the rooters in his medium, like I said.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I did remove it from the water so they can dry up a little

• Like Like x 2