Day 24 Flowering - Help Please - Pictures

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by patrick.delta9, May 30, 2013.

1. #1 patrick.delta9, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    Hi,

My fan leaves are starting to yellow and die. Just effecting fan leaves - the new and young growth looks good. Can someone please help me? Here is my info and pictures - also - how does the bud formation look so far for day 24?

1. Flood and drain 4x4 table 5" pots with hydrocorn and rockwool chooped cubes in a 4x4 tent. Tent is open when light is on with 2 oscillating fans so there is good circulation

2. Temp - 78-84

3. 20 gallon reservoir - goes through about a gallon of water a day and PPM goes up so I have to add more water. PPM range 640-760

Strains: Herojuana and Sour D - both strains effected equally

Nutes all from Botanicare at about 75% less then recommended on the feeding charts
    Botanicare Cal Mag Plus - 50mg/20gal
    Botanicare CNS17 Bloom - 250mg/20gal 
    Botanicare Hydroplex - 30mg/20gal 
    H202 - 50mg/20gal
    PH - 6
    PPM - 645    

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Attached Files:

2. Does your nutes have Mn (Manganese).

3. #3 ndavisenterprise, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    What type of micronutrients do you use? Looks like a Zn and/or Mg deficiency to me... :|

4. Yeah I was thinking Mag deficiency too so I added Cal/Mag 50mg 4 days ago and no improvement :( here are the nutes I added when I mixed a new batch 4 days ago.

Nutes all from Botanicare at about 75% less then recommended on the feeding charts
    Botanicare Cal Mag Plus - 50mg/20gal
    Botanicare CNS17 Bloom - 250mg/20gal 
    Botanicare Hydroplex - 30mg/20gal 
    H202 - 50mg/20gal
    PH - 6
    PPM - 645    

5. Check out MgSo4, epsom salt. It's Mag-sulfer.

Do you use micro?

6. Not using micro - should I? Shouldn't the Mag in the Cal/Mag be sufficient during flowering?

7. MgSo4 is a great bud finisher/ripener. You should use it for the extra Mg and the extra sulfur.

Yes, you most def need a micro.

8. #8 ndavisenterprise, May 31, 2013
    Your only getting 1.2% of Mg from the Cal-mag and you get 9.8% from espom salt plus the sulfur.

Epsom salt use at .5-1 tsp a gallon.

9. Also I would get my ph down to 5.8 to get away from the P,K lockout zone. 

10. Sounds good- do you use emposm salts as a foliage feeder? The stuff you buy at Wal-green?

11. Go easy with the epsom salts tho, it's pure sodium and can skyrocket your PPM. It's a good source of magneseum though, and effective PH down. Just don't use too much or you're going to burn your plants up.

12. Agreed. Start at .5 tsp/gal every watering.

13. It definably looks as if your using to much nuts... I happen to have my bachelors degree in plant sciences.

14. #15 ndavisenterprise, May 31, 2013
    At 640ppm? That is 1.2 EC.  That is very low...low is good with those temps!

15. Have you calibrated your ppm and ph pens lately? What ppm scale, .5 or .7? 

16. That's what I though too glassgodd, especially since my PPM goes up everyday and I keep needing to add more water - bu the PPM after mixing the nutes is only 645 PPM won't that be fine for day 24 flowering vegged for 4 weeks? Should I add more water and lower the PPM to 500 and then check it every day and see what happens?

With the epsome salts - do I add .5 tsp per gallon to my reservoir?

17. #18 ndavisenterprise, May 31, 2013
    For nutrient availability, the ph being 6.0, you're right into a P and K lockout. Not giving any Micro you are not getting enough chelated zinc, mn, ++. I def don't have a bachelors in plant science though....

18. Yes, mix the epsom salt in some rez water in a container to mix in well and add it to the rez.

19. It's not to far into flowering to flush it really good readjust the Ph to some good distilled water and slowly add some nutes back. but give it a day or so before you add any nutrient solutions back into your system. also what type of light source are you using if i may ask? its really cramped on that table are you getting enough fresh air in your tent? a lot of times people will get cocky and look too much into detail instead of giving the plant what it really needs some good natural t.l.c. dont worry but act quickly because that kind of stress at this point can affect potency and yield noticeably.