Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Day 22 without marijuana D:

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CTR0420, Aug 22, 2010.

1. I'm dying here. Just started living with my dad(who's a staunch prohibitionist) in an apartment, the only place I have to smoke is my car and my license is currently suspended till november. So basically what I'm asking, is what do you guys do to help keep your mind on other things when you realllly want some mj and you can't have it currently?

2. You've gone 3 weeks and still crave it? I would get off these forums to start though. Thinking about it will only make it worse. I've gone 10 days without so far, but I don't feel the need (only when I see some dank ass pictures that people post), but yeah just doing something active I don't think about it.

3. ya after the first 5 days of a tbreak i dont even really think about smoking

4. I'm going through my own little dry spell at the moment as well thanks to a bizarre string of coincidences (I haven't tracked it to the exact day, but its been right at about the same amount of time as yours). If all goes as planned, mine should end tomorrow... but things never seem to go as planned . :( Just keep in mind that at the end of the waiting there is one HUGE positive payoff for your patience... it's like hitting the tolerance reset button. :YAY: Plus, you're actively disproving the "Refer Madness" crowd by showing that while things may be a bit less pleasant overall when you're dry, you're certainly not tweaking out and going through withdrawal either. OK, now to actually answer your question- Even though it seems like it would make it harder (like looking at take-out menus when the munchies hit at 2:45 a.m.), for some reason I find poking around on GC makes those smoke-free nights during a long t-break a little easier to take. I think it's just being able to (sort of) have a conversation with other people who share that same common interest. It's a long story, but trust me, even herb-friendly conversation hasn't been an option for me here in the last few weeks. In all honesty, I miss the atmosphere and comradery of being around fellow tokers as much as, or quite possibly more than, the weed itself. OK, OK, not "more than", but you get my point. Which is really odd considering I smoke alone as often as not. Yep... I could use a bowl right about now ;) And maybe some sleep. OK, definitely some sleep.

5. get off these forums to help get it off your mind. i stop craving it after about 2 days of not smoking. and why cant you just take a walk and smoke a j?

6. Man I always find it hard to quit smoking weed havent gone over 2 days without it in about 3 years :smoking:
    but yeah this forum is probly only makin the temptation worse

7. wow, that's a long time.

no way you can something discreet, like get the magic flight launch box vaporizer? it would have much less of an odor than smoking. you could even do it in the bathroom right before a shower or something, and the hot shower should help mask any smell vaping might produce.

8. #8 dcgamer, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    hey bro, I use to stay at my student housing when I was attending university, and if u went to my spot it would always smell like buds 24/7, with music blasting & tv on etc. I finished school and moved in with my fam now and still get lifted few times a week if not everyday...answer is: concentrates...Hash and Hash oils..and get a pookie(oil burner or aka "methpipe")...I know it may be hard to get (but u can make hash oil or honey oil just ask the homies on here or search) but seriously it will solve your issue about being discrete and worth finding a source....

Full-Melt Hash
    [​IMG]
    (hash that melts, bubbles when flame hits it): drop a tiny ball in the pookie and put flame in bottom

most hash works this way, but the more pure (bubble hash and the most pure being full melt bubble) it is the best it works in this type of pipe...if its bad hash ur better of smoking it in regular pipe, and it will produce less smoke, and u will need less than smoking like 2-3 bowls (which will be more detectable, more smell on u and ur surroundings). u can also store hash along with candy or chocolate and it is indistinguishable.
    [​IMG]

If u want to stick with buds, get a hold of an inexpensive vaporizer (like the VaporBros or Vaporwarez) and u can say its a aromatherapy diffuser or something like that. I recommend hash for discreteness and staying lowprofile tho. much respects and good luck. ps. f*ck tweekers, vape hash and hash oil not meth!lol

9. #9 sbrown, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    Dude, come on now. I wish I was in your position instead of mine.

I am taking so much hydro and oxycodone for pain that I am really going to feel like I'm dying when I get off of them. I went a couple days without taking any at all. I couldn't sleep more than 30 min at a time, my body temperature went from really cold to burning up in heat, I threw up all day, and it felt like I weighed 300 lbs when I tried to move. It was awful.

I'd rather kick weed 100 times before I would kick opiates. When you quit using opiates everyday, you'll know what true withdrawal is.

10. just keep on tokin'

11. Buy a dog and walk it, a lot. ;)

12. Or buy a dirtbike and ride it, a lot :smoking:

13. like everyone else said "go for a walk" :smoking:

14. Go buy Yourself some cal. Of duty brudda

15. smoke a little tobacco to take the edge off

16. Go to a friend's place and smoke it there. Or just take a walk somewhere and smoke it.

17. i have to wait till november too :.(

18. i had to take a 27 day t break this summer and it fuckin sucked. just chill with your friends, drink (i dont like drinking but honestly it helped me get my mind off bud) and maybe do some substances we cant talk about on gc (not TOO much though).

19. I live my life as if nothing has changed.. it isn't that difficult to take a break every once in a while

20. Thanks for your help man

and to people who have said "go smoke somewhere else", the main problem there is I have no connections since I just moved :/ if anyone lives in boston, feel free to help me out