Day 126 from sprout bagseed, almost time to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pure1, Sep 17, 2012.

1. #1 pure1, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    What do you guys think? I'm giving it 10-14 days, should I start flushing at this point?

There are two different plants, i labeled them #1 and #2, they are both unknown bagseed strains. Plant #1 is the one that's almost ready, #2 still has some time.

I got a 60x microscope thing, and i'd say about 15% clear, 80% milky, 5% amber.

What do you think? And is this all they swell up too? not as big as I thought, but thanks for any replies. Looking forward to smoking my very first homegrown bud.

My first grow by the way :) Thanks for taking a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. anyone?

3. I'd let the pistils recede a little bit more. But definitely within 2 weeks of being done

4. DAYUM great first grow

5. #5 Zedstomper, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    that. #1 looks like an indica to me, or are they supposed to be even more short and stocky?

6. WOW

They are amazing looking buds, congratulations on doing so well on your first grow. What setup did you run?

Give plant 1 - 4/6 days
    Give plant 2 - 15/18

7. very helpful, I'm not too far off myself and these pictures help greatly

one question... you're extremely N deficient, I assume that's because you've been running straight water in prep for the chop? How fast did it take the leaves to yellow?

#2 has more green, but obviously younger by the pistils... has it just not been flushing as long?

8. Awesome, thanks man

haha so glad to hear it, so reassuring when someone gives good comments :) thanks :smoking:

I used CFLS, 6 23w ones for veg. I and I only vegged them to like 6-8", i was so eager to flower once I received my 600w hps/mh setup. Few people have told me I'd have a lot more yield if I would have vegged longer. THe one is almost 30" now, it stretched like crazy!

Thanks man, and that kinda scared me the 4-6 days thing.. I Just started flushing today, do I water it everyday or wait till it drys up? Cause these final weeks came up fast. But my nutes haven't been anymore than a 1/2 tsp of some bloom

Most of those terrible looking leaves and what not are old ones, before that bud formed, I had A LOT of pH problems, my meter broke and was not able to measure run off for a while.. those leaves never recovered, plant #1 was easily burned and what not, so I didn't give it much nutes at all. Plant #2 has some N clawing, but not nearly as bad.

My overall ph has been slightly low the whole grow, about 5.8 coming out. Almost a whole point below what is recommended.

Setup during veg was the 6 x 23w cfls

Flowering:
    600w hps w/ digital ballast
    fox farms happy frog potting soil
    plant #1 is in a 3 gallon pot
    plant #2 is in like a 2 1/2 (maybe) probably rootbound as fuck but too late to transplant
    For nutes I used the GH Flora series, gro, micro, and bloom. Along with Fox Farm's open sesame, beasty blooms, and chaching.

Thanks for checking it out!

9. Also yellowing happens during flowering, like a lot. I've picked probably almost close to 20 on plant #1, the bushier one (#2) has a lot more leaves to fall imo, hard to even see in there!

I never force cut them, I just do a little tug, if they pull off they're ready to come off. If not, I leave them till they do. Cause in flowering the plant using the leaves for food/nutes

10. I was under the impression they yellowed because they were getting sucked dry of nutes by the plant, right? which is because there's none in the soil, because you're flushing right? or is it going to yellow even with plenty of nutes?

11. Cannabis is an annual, which means it dies after the year is over. The plant is knowing it's time is almost over and is taking all of its nutes and food up to the buds, which is why it's yellowing the leaves and I wait until they just pull off with an easy tug. If it doesn't come off easily it probably still needs it.

Yellowing leaves isn't from a nute deficient most the time.

Every plant i've seen, yellowing is perfectly normal during flower, and even more towards the end.

12. That's just what I said, it's pulling all the nutes out of the leaves and that's why they're going yellow.

wait, what now?

13. [quote name='"Zedstomper"']

that. #1 looks like an indica to me, or are they supposed to be even more short and stocky?[/quote]

#1 looks more sativa being tall and slender, yeah you mixed em up.

14. Flushed it today, ran 2 gallons through of 7.0 pH'd water

15. any other comments or suggestions on harvest time?

16. Looks awesome! Cant wait to see the final product! I heard that if you leave them in darkness for the last like 24 hours before harvest its supposed to make the plant squeeze out some extra trichomes. Maybe try that with one of them and see if it makes any difference i have never done it personally but i want to try and i have heard this talked about on more than one forum and people swear by it...

17. Also, its a little late for this now, but it looks to me like you could bring that light down a bit closer to the plants. And if your growing constraints allow you, you could bring the light A LOT closer if you had a fan blowing over the top of your plants. With a fan you could bring it down Like half the distance from the light to the tallest cola. i only use a 400 watter right now but i keep that baby balls close to my plant so it sucks up all the light my hps can give. More light = more yield and better potency. Somebody please correct me if im wrong because i myself am very new to growing also...

18. I've read that too, I could experiment, im just kinda scared for mold or something ya know?

and yeah i've had someone else tell me about the light, i do have a fan blowing on it and I could. I will probably do that once I harvest plant #1.

Thanks for checking it out man! And you got some pics of your ladies?

19. Yea man just check out my thread! Click on my profile and go to threads started by user then go to first dwc grow blue widow. I would just post a link but im actually posting on here using my droid phone and i dont think i can do it on here lol

20. See this is how my setup is right now. Nothing special lol but im a beginner its all i need until i get some more experience and feel comfortable investing in a tent and a 1000 watter is what i want eventually.