David Cameron and Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Harry Hood, May 12, 2010.

1. #21 ng_hammy, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    I dunno if anyone else saw Nick Clegg's speech today (his first since becoming deputy prime minister) but one of the main points was about restoring some of the individual liberties that Labour stripped away over the last 13 years. He talked about the centralisation of power and the Home Office getting involved in things they shouldn't (move back to class B maybe an example?) and how the government needs to stop being so overbearing and intrusive on people's everyday lives.

One of the key phrases was that they would "Review the thousands of criminal offences created by New Labour which made criminals of ordinary people". Maybe moving to Class B also fell into that category? Either way, I think there's light at the end of the tunnel, I wouldn't bet against at least a move back to Class C within this government.

EDIT: He also spoke of the right of the public to say "which laws you think should go" basically saying we have the right to nominate laws to be repealed, as part of a "power revolution" as he dubbed it. Possibility of a petition system like how Cali got the measure on the ballot to legalize in November?

2. Made a thread for it, and I just saw your post. My bad :eek:

3. Off note but

I was watching a documentary about "skunk" weed from england.

It didnt seem like the usual propaganda, because they didnt blast weed at all. They just talked bout how "skunk" is way more fucked than normal weed. It did scare the shit outta me, with regards to "skunk"

4. You know skunk is just a strain right? Hysteria in the UK led people to believe it's highly dangerous and almost a new drug of its own.

The media is funny sometimes :hello:

5. Skunk is bullshit, it's just a strain, as that other guy said, which people thought was really strong then the media blew it out of proportion, so stupid...

6. Growing some lemon skunk right now! Tbh, there are plenty of non-skunk strains that would kick your ass far harder than a lot of skunk strains.

7. Ah, methadrone. Makes more sense.

Ugh, fucking skunk hysteria. My dad, who smoked for 30+ years actually stopped because "now you can only get that genetically modified skunk which is much more harmful than weed and has no medical benefits". My parents are cool with me smoking, as long as its not that evil skunk.

You just know that if we get close to legalisation in the UK, the anti-weed people will be spouting a load of shit about how skunk ruins people's lives.

8. That makes way more sense.

Sorry, we dont have uk skunk here, so i was tripping out on that documentary talking bout how skunk fucks people up. It would make sense, that its just one strain of strong herb, just like any other strong pot.

9. #29 jayjay5396, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    he seems to think legalizing cannabis will create more drug problems and psychoactive weed he dont think its a good idea to legalize it :( fuk him i'm gonna smoke anyway who am i hurting? hes the one involved with wars n making money for his own profit he dont care about us nether should we! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMu2lzEdwE