Dave Matthew's Band!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by puffinonablunt, Jul 30, 2010.

1. So, do you other blades listen to/like Dave Matthews? I've met smokers who are obsessed with Dave, and I've met smokers who hate it too. Any opinions?

Personally I love Dave Matthews Band. I mean whether you like them or not, you can't deny their immense musical talent. Carter Beauford plays some of the most insane drum tracks that I've ever heard. And you gotta have some respect for musicians who play shows that last for hours and hours.

What's your opinion?

2. Hells to the no. fuck dave matthews and his band.

3. i loves me some DMB

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqFwwitvUI]YouTube - DMB Floodzone - Blue Water 1992[/ame]

1992-2000 DMB was the shit. Go ahead and say what you want about the frats nowadays, but they're music was downright fucking beautiful.

5. Well said. Dave Matthews band is for drunk frat boys.

6. I'm not a frat boy, and I don't really drink.

7. Word. DMB is the shit. Do you not like the fans or the music itself ...

8. Seen em once, pretty fun time. I listen to DMB here and there, but the sexy girls at their shows will draw me back after break.

9. This is just a stereotype.

I actually like Dave Matthews he's chill.

10. Anybody who's read some of my previous posts knows I'm a HUGE dmb fan. Listening right now. I've got about 20 gigs worth of dave on my computer and I see him 4-5 times each year. Live and breathe dmb.
    And I'm not a drunk frat rat.

11. Ya it's annoying that people will base what they listen to based upon the stereotypes that come with their fans. Listen to music for yourself and if you feel it you feel it.

12. For real man there's so many haters out there. Sure, there are a lot of drunk ass holes at his shows, but that doesn't mean the music isn't good.

13. DMB has a following like Jimmy Buffet. It sucks being a real fan because you have to be with the drunk college kids,which actually kind of describes me but I'm not like those assholes plus I'm a stoner not a drunk haha. But anyway, I love his music I saw him at red rocks in 05 and they made a box set on the whole show. Its cool being able to go back and listen to a whole show you actually experienced.

14. daaaamn, the weekend on the rocks set is an awesome couple of cds. being there must have been nuts

15. You gotta go to the Gorge. That's where its at. 3 days of DMB.
    Any of y'all into the dmb trading community? I've got a ton of shows in FLAC if anybody is interested.

16. Saw him live this summer and I used to dislike him. The show was amazing, my respect went up for him hahaha

17. That's actually one of my favorite DMB shows. Live Dave is pretty bad ass. haven't gotten to experience it yet. but +rep for being at the Red Rocks Show.

18. It was a rad show. At different points throughout the weekend there were visible clouds of smoke above the crowd it was amazing. Dave is definitely better stoned haha. I downloaded the extended version which is like 10 discs so I have the whole weekend on CD.

19. I have some stuff I promise you haven't heard if you're interested. If you liked Red Rocks definitely check out the Gorge. People come from all over for that show...and SPAC, which is on my to-do list.

20. wheres the gorge? SPAC is in Saratoga New York right? I go to red rocks because I love Denver and its not all that far...well its pretty damn far but closer than NY. I always go over to Spokane and Portland as well