dave Chapelle returns

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by travilanche, Aug 11, 2013.

1. So Dave Chappelle is returning to stand up touring. He is going on funny or die's Oddball comedy tour with Flight of the Concords. Unfortunately they are not coming to KC so I won't get to see them. But you can check the dates online for yourself to see if they coming anywhere near you.

What do you guys think? Is this the beginning of a come back for the greatest comedian of all time?

I fucking hope so bad that an hour special comes out of this. But I am so happy to know that he is at least willing to tour again. This is a great sign. What do you guys think?

2. I thought he was done forever. But now that he's back, i think the world once again has hope.

Thou whilst only liveth once.

3. #3 aPersonUponaHill, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    He has been doing stuff, didnt he even do that block party thing after he took his little crazy train break? I guess not, but he has been doing stand-up in different places, it is easy to say so when you see him doing it on youtube.

He is on my tv right now, in bluestreak. Compete coincidence, just happened to hear his voice and look over. 

4. He didn't go crazy.

And he was incredibly offended his fans thought he was crazy. 

5. Dave chappelle retired and immediately became 100 years old. If he comes back now, I bet all of his jokes will be about bengay, buicks and slurpees.

6. #6 aPersonUponaHill, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013

I am well-aware, but when you bolt off like that it makes you look pretty nuts. Handle the situation and respond under pressure.

Not to mention it kinda pisses us off, you are an entertainer. So shut up, take the money, and entertain us. Boo woo half baked turned into a weed movie for kids, and so what if everyone knew you made a lot of money from your successful show. Isnt the point of life for those of who wish to live it to be successful at what you enjoy most of all?

7. All that reminds me of this

The third season hit a big speed bump in November 2004. He was taping a sketch about magic pixies that embody stereotypes about the races. The black pixie--played by Chappelle--wears blackface and tries to convince blacks to act in stereotypical ways. Chappelle thought the sketch was funny, the kind of thing his friends would laugh at. But at the taping, one spectator, a white man, laughed particularly loud and long. His laughter struck Chappelle as wrong, and he wondered if the new season of his show had gone from sending up stereotypes to merely reinforcing them. "When he laughed, it made me uncomfortable," says Chappelle. "As a matter of fact, that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take f_____- time out after this. Because my head almost exploded."

8. FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA FUCK YO COUCH

9. What he failed to see in that described sketch is the fact that there is a reality in that fantasy.

10. He could have handled it better, but he never intended to be a huge star. He sad he enjoyed life doing standup here and there, doing a movie for fun, etc. Once it turned into a money game and all the pressures of expecting to perform, he just didn't enjoy his job anymore. So he left.

He probably owed a better explanation to his fans, but eh it is what it is.

Probably was just the last straw out of everything he was bothered by.

11. He's been doing stand-up on and off this whole time, to pretty mixed reviews.

It was a lot deeper than that lol.  On top of that it isn't an easy business.  His show would of been played out and he also realized that.   He didn't enjoy it anymore because he seen how fucked the industry really is.  When people invest money in you, you become what they want you to be.  I'm sure you like being an individual just like dave lol.

his explanation was just.  He was doing shit and seen shit that he didn't feel comfortable.  Fuck the fans he was unhappy and left that scene alone.  Its a good thing because not everyone can handle show biz like they think.

13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBnCW-faLU

14. I agree, in the end he couldn't handle it, so it was best he left. For his family and sanity sake, he may have went crazy if he continued working like that.

what? have you seen the dude lately? he got fuckin ripped. like almost doubled in size. Theres a bootleg video on youtube of a comedy show that he did in 2011.

16. yeah he's made a few little appearances since starting to getting ripped (and interviews and stuff).  this one hes not as ripped as he is now i dont think
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc

ahhh dude, i wanna watch this whole show. all i can find is these 2 clips. i heard it was 2 hours long :eek:

18. Watched him accidentally while changing channels on TV with friends while taking unmentionables and smoking A grade ak47.
    Hes really good,glad to hear he is back!

19. #19 psychoperson25, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    He appeared in Portland on the streets doing stand up during the hiatus. I'm disappointed I missed that.

20. #20 StayLowGrows, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013

I say this with no disrespect meant at all.
    The reality in which you think you live in...this is the problem. And thus, is/was Dave Chapelle's problem. I have went through this. The realization that the problem in reality isn't going to be easily fixed. We are almost at the point of no return now.

But what Chapelle had to do was retreat, and recollect himself. Then, it made the right decision in realizing that just sitting down and waiting for it isn't the answer. If you spread goodness throughout madkind, then it's your duty to do so in whatever means suits you best. His, is comedy.

There's a FAR bigger picture to the world than most people realize. You all need to become aware of what's going on. Not just which shoes are in style.